Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Mother ****** changed his tune after visiting mar lago. Realizing that the gop iron throne had just moved to Florida.

Are we really trying to say that sicknick was not murdered by rioters? There is a defense attorney that will be eagerly awaiting your testimony.

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

We are not making up stories like you. The Medical Examiner said he died of a stroke unrelated to any mace or trauma. People die every day. The Plaintiff’s attorney has no case. Those damn facts just keep getting in the way of MSM and Lib lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What "facts" are you talking about?

Dude, I'm making a joke about the Red Man and the Wild Turkey and was directing it at the rioters, not you.

4. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Yes you are wrong, you see the person who chews Red man will have some type of weapon (gun or knife) on their person at all times first off. Secondly, they wouldn’t have enough money to travel to DC and stay in one of those fancy hotels. These would be the backwoods people think Deliverance.
    Now if you would of referenced Levi Garret as the their choice of chew I wouldn’t argue. Levi is better quality but you are going to pay a more than Red man, so that would lead me to believe these people would have money to travel to DC.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

You've stated over and over that McCarthy's statements claiming Trump's responsibility for the insurrection were due to Sicknick's death. I posted the speech he gave. Are you now saying it's not the seminal reason for McCarthy's 180 change from the stance he laid out in the speech? If not, then I certainly didn’t mischaracterize your statement. I simply showed how limited Sicknick was mentioned amongst all the other indisputable facts McCarthy pointed out before saying Trump had responsibility for the assault on the Capitol.

6. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I've also stated the emotions of the wildly false accounts lit up emotions. "A pack of wild animals" beating an officer to death (false). People screaming "where is she!" as AOC said, only to be contradicted by a fellow congress woman. Or, my favorite 'we have to put NG troops on the grounds to prevent these white nationalists from their following rounds of aggression'

BTW, that never happened either

So much rumor, so little fact. Emotions ran wild

You keep believing that crap about ring kissing. Serves you well> like Russia collusion, "you need to find me x # of votes", and Putin putting bounties on our GIs heads.

7. Horn2RunAgain

You watch SCI FI **** late Saturday nights, don't you. Go on. Admit it....

8. Horn2RunAgain

I know who you were directing it towards (I don't chew/dip tobacco, never have). You were stereotyping the protesters in the same way Anderson Cooper was (who I can stereotype all day long...but I won't).

Facts, in reference to the rumors regarded as fact the day after Jan 6 (Sicknick was beaten, armed protesters stormed the capitol, people were looking to physically harm legislators, a follow up "attack " on DC was imminent

ETC ETC ETC

iT WAS all ********. I can go on, but the fact is unarmed people were illegally in the bldg, but nothing more than broken windows were the result. Kamala Harris was bailing out BLM, ANTIFA rioters for far greater crimes

9. Seattle Husker

Maybe you can try to counter McCarthy's actual statements in the speech. That might make your argument more convincing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn2RunAgain

He already did it for me later on

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So are you ignoring as to whether or not the officer was murdered? Did he die of Covid, and enlarged heart, fentanyl, etc?

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

He died of stroke unrelated to anything occurring on Jan 6 according to medical reports.

You don't think if there was a shred of evidence otherwise the MSM would be reporting it? They aren't. There's a reason.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Bubba, could you rephrase your question so that it becomes coherent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seattle Husker

He died of a stroke from a blood clot that occurred at the point he returned to the station. Still, he had remnants of an "unknown chemical irritant" in his air passage and is on film being sprayed with the irritant and in hand to hand combat with rioters.

It's unlikely the offenders will be charged with murder based on the coroners report but that doesn't mean that he wasn't in direct combat with rioters and that they likely won't be charged with assault. Using his Sicknick's cause of death as a bar for how "tame" the rioters were is crazy. 140 officers needed medical attention. At least 2 committed suicide in the immediate aftermath of 1/6. One officer lost his eye. There may have been some idiot tourists that entered the building after the rioters broke through the police lines by force.

Police responses like this are not normal:

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Link please. I have read multiple stories that say there is no evidence of a link.

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

How do yall do the quote that says who you are quoting?

17. Seattle Husker

I specifically said he died of a stroke. Though the coroner found evidence of the chemical irritant he termed the stroke via blood clot as his cause of death. That means there isn't a link but that improves the situation only moderately, IMHO. You still had a police officer that was under heavy stress after hours of hand to hand combat with rioters. The fact that he fortunately didn't die from blunt force trauma, though a good thing, doesn't mean he wasn't assaulted. There are 3 individuals that either will be charged or have been charged for assaulting Officer Sicknick.

18. Seattle Husker

Hightlight and right click will allow you to quote only that passage. Hit the quote button to quote the entire passage. Both will add in who you are quoting into the quote tag.

19. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yeah. I agree. I only speak against the claims of murder. But obviously there was violence between police and protesters. That had to be frightening seeing all those people come against you, even if most weren't violent. It only takes a few and in the moment it's hard to tell who is and who isn't.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm talking about the actual rioters, not the people at the rally. I think those people were deceived, but they had every right to protest, even if I think they're wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. I only go with Red Man, because it's the only chewing tobacco I know, and for some reason, I picture Switzer being a big fan.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Hours of hand to hand combat? Say what? Show me, say, one minute of hand to hand combat in which Sicknick was engaged. He got sprayed with mace.
    He would have had to receive blunt force trauma to die from blunt force trauma. How many times did the lying Libs/MSM repeat the farce about him being hit with a fire extinguisher? 140 injured officers, one of whom lost an eye? More bullshite. Let's see the list. That crap is being reported by the officers' union because they look like ineffective fools and, I'm sure, want to sue someone. Besides, don't you guys hate the police and want them defunded? Why do you suddenly care about the police?

The problem Libs have is the video like you posted above, and your repeated lies. You're just not credible. I have seen more aggressive women at a Black Friday sale than the "rioters" in your video. You can pretend like the Capitol protest was the Battle of the Bulge, but it just wasn't. The fact that you and the other libs lie, exaggerate and mischaracterize the events shows you just how feckless the event was. If it were a truly horrendous event, video alone would be enough to tell the story, and the lies of Libs wouldn't be necessary. That is not to say a bunch of congresswomen and their sissy liberal aids weren't scared out of their tender minds. I'm sure they wet their pants. That's the essence of a Lib; scared, unaccountable for their own wellbeing, and crying for Gubmint to take care of them. Hell, even AOC was scared and she wasn't anywhere near the raging blitzkrieg known as the "Capitol Insurrection", which was seemingly led by a character from an early Sean Penn movie sporting a Bison hat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Video was just released showing DC police opening doors to let protestors in and shows Bison guy among others admonishing people to stay calm and peaceful. Bison guy reminds First Amendment gives right to "peacefully assemble ".
    In all the thousands of other gatherings of hundreds of thousands of conservatives at Tea party and Trump rallies there had never been any destructive behavior.
    Trump repeatedly called for a peaceful assembly. He NEVER said to bring a gun to a knife fight like Obama.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't care who you are. That's some funny **** right there.

• Agree Agree x 7
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Hey now, let me point out that I have only had tobacco in my mouth once. It was a dip of Copenhagen in circa 1984. I spit it out and gagged.

a dip of Skoal might be more fitting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Horn2RunAgain

I had a good laugh at this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Seattle Husker

This is how the Capitol Police described it. The Chicago Tribune article is slightly aged in that the coroner's report was not public yet.

Sicknick was on the line trying to hold the bike rack barrier in place as he was being sprayed with Bear Spray. If you've seen the pictures over the battles over bike racks you'll notice the crowd wasn't asking nicely to pass.

Here is a still image of a sample of the bike rack barrier battles. Notice the dude grabbing the back of the head of the cop, pulling him into the bike rack as others push/pull on it. Notice that one of the police shields has already been pulled into the crowd. Those also ended up being used as weapons to battle police just doing their job and break windows into the Capitol Building.

This was anything but a casual group of tourists. The article above has direct quotes from 2 guys charged with spraying Officer Sicknick and others with Bear Spray.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I'm glad you could laugh. This was a devastating day. Typically, this is not something that goes on as long as it does. Don't minimize the two suicides afterwards. I'm sure that was caused by Antifa too?

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't doubt that the media said incorrect things and made the rioters seem more dangerous than they were. They obviously have an agenda. There was some ********, but it wasn't "all ********," and that's the source of our disagreement. They may not have been armed and may not have murdered the officer, but to me, those were side issues. The core issue is that they broke into the Capitol for the purpose of disrupting the counting of electoral votes and ultimately overturning the election result. That part wasn't ********, and though it would have been worse had they been armed and had they directly murdered the police officer, what they did was bad enough to judge it pretty harshly. Were they violent? That's a matter of degree, but it's pretty hard to put 15 cops in the hospital without being fairly violent.

And she's worthy of criticism for that as well. Consistency is part of my point. I judged the BLM and Antifa rioters very harshly and stand by those judgments, but I can't fairly do that without judging these goofballs at least as harshly.

• Agree Agree x 1