Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That isn't how it would work. Obviously, I'd bet on one of us getting struck by lightning twice in the same day before I'd bet on this happening, but here's how it would work. Oregon and Idaho agree for Oregon's eastern counties to be annexed by Idaho. Everything that is decided by state law which is a lot (state taxes, elections, education, public safety, and public health) would be transfered to Idaho. It's not a unilateral secession. It's an agreed shifting of the borders secured by an interstate compact.

Like I said above, the federal issues are where it would get dicey. The new citizens of Idaho would be represented in Congress in districts drawn by Oregon officials, and of course, the allocation of federal money would be a mess. (That kind of thing is complicated as it is.)

I agree for sure in the short term. I don't think it would make a big difference in Idaho, because it's already a conservative state. However, there'd be no one to say "no" or even "slow down" in Oregon. They would go hard Left. However, in the long term, I'm less certain. The Left would wildly overshoot. However, the Oregon GOP would no longer be pulled by the rural wing and would likely moderate back into being a center-Right/keep taxes low/make the trains run on time suburban party again. That would likely make it competitive again in Oregon. It wouldn't take over the state, but it might be able to compete well enough to pull Democrats from the far left.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. It pissed me off to no end that the left demands the right cooperate to get their things done, but when the roles are reversed they refuse to do the same. That's why the left hates The Donald so much because he refused to play that game and did what he wanted then rubbed it in their faces. He just played by the same book the left plays by every single day. I didn't particularly like him as a President, but I did like that he did that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You see that now, with the left saying democracy is in peril. Why? Because GOP won’t approve Biden’s legislation. Such BS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Democracy is in peril because your peeps are trying to set the stage for the legislators to overturn the actual votes of the people.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Scared of an audit?

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If the votes of the people were fraudulent, the votes were not from "the people". That would be saving democracy. Let it play. Maybe the votes were legit, maybe not.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m good with audits. They should be bipartisan. This one is NOT. If you think it is then you have lost perspective and should go to get your information from the place indicating that John Brennan is in Gitmo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The audit results can be challenged. It doesn’t have to be bipartisan. Are legal cases bipartisan between prosecutors and defendants?

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The left could then come in and do their own audit. Why not just allow the actual government to do the audit as opposed to “cyber ninjas”

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That would require honesty, so not possible.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

12. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Democracy, such as it is/was is not in danger. “Our democracy” is in danger. When I see it referred to that way I say good riddance. Just watch how they (whoever they are) use that term.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

If you’ve ever worked an election you know that those people are WE THE PEOPLE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Yeah. Them and the guy in Minneapolis in the project Veritas video rifling thru hundreds of ballots in his car

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 4
  16. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So Trump shut down his blog? What's the story here? Maybe the Q folks can get him a foot print and some respectability.

17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Do you think Trump will ever escape your head?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I read elsewhere the traffic to that his blog was pretty lean based on the various traffic monitoring reporting services. The comparison was made to some pet sites having more traffic.

Still, I'm certain this isn't the end of DJT trying to get his voice out there but rather a setback until they have an alternative. Expect that other avenue to be announced soon.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The states are gerrymandered if you think of it that way. Those folks in Eastern Oregon feel disenfranchised when it comes to certain levels of government representation. The people in Austin feel that way too. It's very difficult to provide true representation and mitigate the tyranny of the majority (that's the true Democracy Liberals seem to love except when it's turned on them; then they just walk out or leave the state instead of accepting minority status) in this day and age of extremism.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Seattle Husker

Austin has to grin, cope, influence and vote their way into having their views represented in legislation. That's a simplistic view of Democracy.

The same for Eastern Oregon. Taking your ball and going to another state is not an option, especially since their are at least 2 of the 9 counties that have voted to explore moving to Idaho who said "nope".

There is too much "nope" in politics these days.

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I would be 100% for splitting the country into workers and freeloaders (republicans and dims). If you can get your moochers to vote, let's do it. Remind them to bring their water to the polls.

22. Seattle Husker

Per this article Trump's last blog post was shared 1,500 times on Twitter/Facebook. Compare that to the millions of shares he enjoyed on those platforms prior to being booted. The only people that care enough to visit and share his message are the true supporters. Evidently they aren't enough for Trump. That echo chamber was simply too small to be of value.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Would you say that the social media companies cancelling Trump are putting hurdles in front of the voters by denying them the same access to Trump's messages that lower IQ voters have to Democratic candidates' messages?

• Winner Winner x 3
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That would fill up half of the bleachers in a scrimmage in 2A East Texas football this coming August. Hyperbole alert. Probably 5A.

25. Seattle Husker

Being less and less relevant has got to be a blow to Trump's ego. Expect him to get more outrageous to try to break into the headlines. Operating within a right-wing extremist echo chamber isn't enough for him. According to Maggie Haberman (NYT) Trump is privately pressuring conservative media to openly tout that the election was "stolen".

26. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What about the MSM deliberately censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story? That alone did more damage to this election than the Russians and lack of water bottles combined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

To be clear, a laptop obtained by Fraud Guarantee from "parts unknown". The legally blind shopowner in Jersey fixing an apple laptop for some guy living in California. Held for some time to be popped open right before the election. It was an "October Surprise" that only the National Enquirier would get behind because it was bunk.

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The hacked material is valid. It was the dissemination process that was invalid, if true.

30. Seattle Husker

The DOJ has at least a copy of the laptop and has opened an investigation, right? That much is public. Like the Manafort investigation, I'll let this one play out before leaping to a conclusion though the timing and narrator of the story (Guiliani) was clearly suspect.

Don't let @Garmel off the hook by deflecting to another topic from what is clearly voter suppression.