Post-Trump GOP

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrntOrngStmpeDe, Jan 25, 2021.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

That doesn't deal with a 30-something couple with a kid who has a debilitating disease like spinabifida. And the primary caregiver can't changes jobs or they'll lose coverage for their child because there's no standard for preexisting conditions.

For me, this is a "think about the kids" situation.

And as this happens everywhere, employers are already covering someone like this. They're just changing people who don't want to be there at the job for people who do want to be there at their job.

Covering Preexisting conditions is more about how our job culture has changed now that people change jobs every 3 years now. The old pensions are gon . So people job hop now.

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

another good reason employers should not be required to provide health insurance

3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

you're playing chutes and ladders with universal healthcare there.

walk through how that plays out...employees have to be able to afford it on their own. employers have to pay them enough. many employers WON'T. what's the backlash?

Universal Healthcare.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The flip side of that argument is that universal coverage will allow people to afford health insurance. Take a knee procedure. At a physician owned hospital the medicare rate is about 5,600. That same procedure at a tertiary hospital has a medicare rate of 8,900. At a teaching tertiary hospital in the heart of the city that rate is 12,200.

The first place is making money at 5,600. If we can figure out how to create a world where everyone has a payer source we can all get it at 5,600. The cost shift to cover the uninsured care results in 8,900 and 12,200.

[all numbers approximate from years of work].

Also, I'm not sure how to get there.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Derangement? I made it clear that Trump should be held responsible if there's something there. Here's a hint- there isn't.

Yes, they did not push the election fraud because they knew it wouldn't work and instead went with technicalities. It's impossible to prove without a forensic audit. Powell tried it and failed.

The same people who have been going after Trump since he came into office mysteriously wanted an impeachment using hare-brained logic. I'm sure it's just a coincidence. *snicker*

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Just hold him to your Benghazi standard. He delayed response when the House GOP was requesting a response. People died.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Bubba, what did i tell you about listening to MSM narratives?

8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

What have I told you about ignoring facts?

9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You don't have any facts to give.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You kind of destroy your credibly, Bubba when your VP was bailing out domestic terrorists.

11. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

-------
    Lawmakers grill officials on Jan. 6 timeline for deploying National Guard to Capitol
    Under oath testimony...

The commander of the D.C. National Guard testified that it took three hours and 19 minutes between the time National Guard assistance was requested and the time he got word the Pentagon had approved it.
    -------
    General: Pentagon hesitated on sending Guard to Capitol riot

That account was consistent with the recollection of Robert Contee, the acting chief of police for the Metropolitan Police Department, who told lawmakers last week that he was “stunned” by the delayed response. Contee said Sund pleaded with Army officials to deploy National Guard troops as the rioting escalated.

12. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Before the ACA existed, employers and employees typically shared the cost of health insurance. Often, the employer paid most or all of the cost. I'm not sure those same employers would balk at paying a higher salary to offset the cost shift to the employee. Some employers didn't provide health insurance before ACA, either.

If the individuals can't afford health insurance, the first backlash is lower demand for healthcare, which will result in lower incomes for healthcare providers. As a result, we could also see a combination of lower healthcare costs and fewer providers. We could also see individuals shifting their priorities from buying other "things" to buying health insurance. I don't think it automatically leads to universal healthcare. However, if it does, we will see lower healthcare costs and fewer providers, and the inevitable poor/inefficient service associated with central planning.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Keep in mind, that's WHILE Donald Trump is literally watching the assault on his TV. Nobody has disputed that timeline, not even Trump himself. He literally called Senator Tuberville WHILE they were being evacuated to plot their next step in the Electoral College delay. Again, nobody has disputed these facts.

14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It was like he was in Jerry's luxury box yukking it up. Sad.

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Trump is responsible for everything! Well, not the fantastic economy he created, the vaccine in record time, stopping illegal immigration, increasing wages for lower income earners, record setting stock markets, the lowest unemployment ever recorded for minorities, etc. He's not responsible for that. No Sir.

Now, on to Biden, who is responsible for what? He shat himself again today?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Doesn't look like anything to do with Trump. The military was scared of optics.

"Mindful of criticism that the response to the demonstrations last spring was heavy-handed, military officials were also concerned that a substantial National Guard presence at the Capitol would look bad and might inflame the mob, Walker said.

“The Army senior leadership” expressed “that it would not be their best military advice to have uniformed Guardsmen on the Capitol,” Walker said."

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That's what TDS does to someone's brain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This discussion is clearly at an impasse and no longer productive. I explained fairly rationally and respectfully why I think you're wrong about Cassidy and Sasse, and you basically just talk past my points without addressing them out explaining why you think they're wrong. Now Coach Switzer has jumped in, and it's turning into a ****-flinging fight in the monkey cage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I disagree. I have discussed every point you have made. However, you're right in saying this argument is going nowhere.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What I think is funny is that you and I will fight pretty strongly over Trump and then like each other's posts in other topics. Compartmentalization is a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I think one thing that we can agree on is that we don't need Trump running in 2024(surprise!) but for different reasons. We don't need Trump entering office at age 78. The last year or so of Reagan and now Biden in office has really turned me off of having having guys near 80 in office. I'd rather see DeSantis who brings Trumpism without the age or big spending.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  22. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I'm all on board with Trump developing a media platform that won't squelch conservative voices but i still think we need to jettison this chicken--- from party spaces until/unless he proves that he is here for the party and not Trump. Him doing the chicken --- move of trying to primary the seats we already have is pissing me off. If Trump wants to be of service to conservatives and the GOP, win back the senate seats he helped us lose. Win some of the other seats that Dems hold.

I might have to borrow a Dump Trump sticker from one of my liberal friends.

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He single handedly lost the Georgia senate race with his jack assery after the election.

24. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I thought he single handedly picked up seats in the House. ???

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Trump retire from politics. I prefer DeSantis right now and any others who align with him. Too much of Trumpism is tied in Trump's feelings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

Cross Matt Gaetz off the list for future leadership of the Trump supporters. Earlier today an article came out claiming he was considering leaving Congress to join Newsmax before his term ended.

Now this. Per Gaetz spokesperson the Congressman is a "subject of the investigation not the target."

Editorializing...this dude has been a loose cannon since he entered Congress. His multiple DUI's/speeding tickets, political antics like breaking into the SCIF, wearing a gas mask on the house floor, having a subreddit that was later banned write some legislation that he submitted in the House...the list goes on and on.

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

“Adopted” an adult male.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

29. Seattle Husker

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Lawt....[this could be a fake tweet]. If it's not, lol.