Prediction for how Texas does this year

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by MobiusHorn, Dec 20, 2015.

1. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

Pulling this thread back to the top to remind everyone of their predictions (and mine :smokin:). Yep, I called it after Ridley went down. I knew that Shaka would be able to coach his way around the injury and get the team to be competitive despite Cam's broken foot.

Fast Forward to today. 5th or 4th is now guaranteed. First game bye in the B12 tourney. We are in the NCAA Tourney, guaranteed. It was a tougher row to hoe but we did it. And, there's a chance Cam is back for the NCAA Tourney.

Hook'em baby! :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

. I was a little off, but..

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why am I not surprised?

4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Impressive!

5. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

You must not have read the time stamp on that prediction...

I wrote that after the TCU loss, which I'm sure other Longhorn fans can agree we did not look like a tournament contender in the least at the time. I've also eaten crow on it, and done nothing but support the team since

Apparently people posting on this board either have a very good memory, or just have no better way to use their time than to try to dig up other people's posts from months ago and use them out of context.

Regardless, happy this team won last night.

6. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

My $.02 is cut Harry some slack and move past his earlier statements . He's been a positive voice for awhile and I'm sure his heart in the right place. While his earlier posts did seem to have a bit of a glass half empty point of view, that doesn't diminish his passion for this team; it's just a different point of view. Hook'em Harry. :hookem:

7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Everybody here is glad we exceeded those expectations, especially with all those forks sticking in us! :smile1:

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

In my business, we call this "catastrophic thinking." That being said, :deadhorse:'

Harry Horns has come to the alter, he has asked for forgiveness, and the Wizard of Aus, in his omnipotence, has bestowed forgiveness upon him. Welcome back on the bandwagon HH. :smile1:

9. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

It's clear that an at-large bid is a given. I'm interested in seeing current perceptions of this team's potential. Since a #5 or #6 is our most likely seeding, I think that the most likely scenario is we make it to Sweet Sixteen and lose a close one to a #1 or #2 seed in our third round game. Cam coming back and contributing would give us a better chance of getting further.

How far do you think the Wizard of Aus™ takes us? :bevo:

10. MobiusHorn

MobiusHorn 100+ Posts

:smile1:

11. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

As a #6, I think we beat our 11, then upset the 3, then get bounced by the 2 in the 3rd round.