Preston Dinged Up ...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Barton Hills, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

So apparently Preston has been experiencing some shoulder pain when throwing, and may be stuck with just DH'ing to start the year.

This will greatly impact our lineup.

Looks like Cameron Rupp will handle the catching duties until Clark is 100% ... Preston will DH. This means that if Augie chooses to stick with Keyes in LF, then Moldenhauer will have to sit. This hurts b/c Russell is a leader, and one of our best power bats in the lineup.

I would not be suprised to see Augie give both Keyes and Moldenhauer starts in LF this weekend.

3 days, *******.

The Link

2. goosehorn

goosehorn 500+ Posts

Dude this sucks so bad. Do we know how long he will be nursing this soreness?

3. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

God I hope that this isn't lingering. Oh well, it'll be good to see what Rupp can do.

4. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

Nothing against Keyes but we need Moldenhauer in the lineup. Outfield is a postion where you don't need to be a great defensive player. Most people can be at least average defensive players. We need Molds bat whether his defense is a little worse than Keyes or not.

5. HookemHrns03

HookemHrns03 100+ Posts

Rupp has a great arm and I don't think they'll lose much defensively with him back there.

6. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

He looked pretty good on Sunday.

7. Bubba Don

Bubba Don 250+ Posts

Keyes has been tearing the cover off of the ball all Fall and all Spring. He needs to be in the line up every day either in LF or as a DH.

Hook em

8. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

9. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

Holy crap, going through the autograph line, I noticed the pipes on Cameron. I even told him "there won't be anyone running over you." I can't wait to see this guy hit.

10. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Ugh. I think we will miss a lot if Preston is not catching. Even if Rupp has a great arm.

11. Hobbes2702

Hobbes2702 500+ Posts

I agree that outfield defense is important. I didn't say it right. We need good defenders out there but there are many guys who can be good outfield defenders because it is not as much about technical skills as it is athletic ability and arm. A player who can hit and play solid defense is more important than a player who can't hit and is a better defensive player. The thing that separates good outfileders from great ones is their bat.

12. iowahorn11

iowahorn11 100+ Posts

2 Problems with the Clark article in my mind.

1) It says Clark didn't play defense in the scrimmage. From what I've read, he played first base. Last I checked, first base is still defense.

2) Other people have said that the coaches were just resting him before the long season. And this was yesterday, 1 day after this article.

So, I wouldn't take this as gospel but I guess we'll see in a day.

13. 40 ACRZ

40 ACRZ 100+ Posts

I'd also proffer that we'll have at least 2 catchers getting a lot of playing time throughout the season anyway considering how many games we're cramming into this B.S. condensed season.