Probable overturning of Roe v Wade

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by VYFan, May 2, 2022.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I don’t really want to discuss the topic, but just as a PSA, a draft got leaked of an opinion of the USSCt overruling Roe and returning the issue to the states.

2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If true, libs will melt down like never before.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The leak is outrageous. Everything goes in one direction.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Where have these people been? It was clear it was over based on the oral arguments. None of these people live in reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The insurrection is happening!!!

8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They should pelt the conservative Justices with dead baby organs and limbs.

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Have to admit the “F… SCOTUS in that sign kinda made me smile at the quirky ironic logic.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Remember, if Roe is overturned, one man rose to the occasion to make it happen: Donald J. Trump.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

We’ve all seen this coming. It was more predictive than the Fire Sark threads next fall. What will be the next generational wedge issue? They’ve been ******* this chicken since the 70’s. Hell mcconnell used it to get the ***** grabber elected.

• poop poop x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If Sark leaves on his own and fires Texas for .......say...USC... we have a problem. If we are doing the firing, you still know who daddy is.

Speaking of abortions, how are the academics at OU progressing?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

They have academics at OU? When did that start?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

:hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I may live in a curated Twitter bubble, but I haven’t seen a single tweet saying one thing was wrong with the leaked opinion.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  20. Sangre Naranjada

I assume you mean Alito's opinion, and not the original lunacy of Roe v Wade?

• Like Like x 1
  21. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

There's the moral issue and there's the power issue:

upload_2022-5-3_7-41-10.png

22. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Does this mean anything?

upload_2022-5-3_7-42-23.png

23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The Dems only hope is killing the filibuster before November, then packing the court.

As to whoever leaked SCOTUS work, they should be tried for treason against the United States.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Stare decisis works when the legal precedent is sound. Do we still cite Stare Decisis for Plessy v Ferguson? Or have we moved past the faulty reasoning of that case?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm sure the details create many questions. But if a Supreme Court has already ruled do we put it to bed or not? Nine highly trained judges would seem to be the best we can do.

Unless you want to expand it.

26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

When Roe was settled, what science knew about fetuses was much different. Not that I believed it correct then either though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  27. Sangre Naranjada

Frankly, I am all for the decisions about abortion restrictions being left to the individual states. I don't think it was ever an appropriate decision to be made at the federal level.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Babies can survive ex vivo much earlier than they could when Roe v Wade was decided as well.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, I think we all know science is a matter of political convenience...

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

I don't understand this mindset. A human offspring because a person at the same time in California as the offspring does in Texas. Is it fear that the federal level will get it wrong?