Prognostications for the Season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Aug 21, 2018.

1. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think our question at the QB position is bigger, and more important to get answered quickly, than the ones you mentioned above. And those are excellent questions that must be answered quickly as well.

2. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I see no resemblance to the the 90's. Under McWilliams we had ZERO offense after the Cash twins left. We had zero QB as well. This team has talent all over the field, elite NFL talent. To even think we were early 90's Texas is silly.

I'd put the talent level of this team somewhere in the middle of what Mack was producing in his hay day. All this team needs is a functional Oline and you will get 9 to 11 wins. This team isn't ready to go toe to toe with Bama, Georgia, or Clemson, but it's a lot closer than at any time since 2009.

If we stay healthy, I predict 11-1, the one is to a team we should have beat. We will play for the conference title.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I will give you Alabama, but bring on Georgia and Clemson now - they are not in the same league as Alabama.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well I hear that Clemson has the defensive line of defensive lines. But that new QB at Bama impressed the heck out of me. But that was just one game.

5. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

My prognostication....
    We: Kick much booty
    They: Kick only a small amount of booty

• Like Like x 3
  6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Regular season 11-1. We lose one playing USC, TCU, at KState and Oklahoma on consecutive weekends. I look at our schedule and know Delos wouldn’t have let it happen, however we had JarJarBinks looking out for our Big 12 scheduling interests.

Any way 11-1 We then win the ridiculous Big 12 championship game, after which the entire team cuts Hager’s hair off at midfield telling Jerry Jones to sweep up it up.

We are left out of the playing offs, but win a major bowl against a SEC team ending the season at 13-1.

That’s how I see it happening.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Ivan, man, I LOVE your optimism... hope the season happens exactly like you prognosticate!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Eight wins max, regular season. Wish I had more confidence, but this coaching staff has shown me no reason so far to think we can do better than eight wins. Also, the number of recruits we've lost the past 12 months makes it hard to build the depth needed to contend for a title.

9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

It is a shame the recruiting period is over. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  10. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I'm sticking with 11. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

TH is calling plays, he has fixed a lot of the problems from last year. This team is physical and bullies these little spread offenses. I said 10 wins back then, I think we can beat that now and get 11 in the regular season. 10 in the regular season would be the conservative number at this point. Burnt orange glasses in full force!
    :bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I had with a 9 push. Right now I'm at around 9.5-10. I just see too many issues on the back end that I'm afraid are going to come back to bite this team against someone - most likely Tech, possibly West Virginia, and maybe even Iowa State or Okie State (if they get their act together, which is looking less and less likely. Remember way back when they looked so good pummeling Boise State? What happened there??)

Looking at the replay on the last play Saturday, PJ is too far off his receiver in the back of the end zone, and a good throw probably wins the game for Baylor.

13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I need three more wins to cash my ticket...however, I *WANT* more than three.

Interesting that one of the games I sort of took for granted (ISU) is not a gimme by any stretch...they have beaten both Okie Lite AND the couchburners, so say nothing of giving the land thieves a run for at least a half...

• Like Like x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

How'd you do?

15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I updated this to 11 wins after we beat OU. Original guess of 10 wins was good. We just beat ourselves against teams we should either mudhole or beat pretty easily. In 18' it was Maryland, OSU, WVU. We should have, could have been 13-1 at this point. A lot of teams say that after a season. Seems like focusing each week should be a mantra next year. Kinda like 1-0 this week was this year.

16. WorsterMan

I predicted 9-3 for the season which was correct.

Loss in Big XII championship made it 9-4 and bowl win made the final 10-4.

Dion, for correctly predicting 9-3, did I win something.... perhaps a groovy HF Mousepad or a date with a HOT Russian model?

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well prognosticated.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, well, well. Sangre Nostradamus at your service, ladies and gentlemen.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I will have Natasha personally deliver the mouse pad to you. Will that do?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  20. WorsterMan

Yes.

Please be sure Natasha also delivers a groovy HF Mousepad to my good friend SN who also predicted 9-3 !

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Natasha has been dispatched already but if SN will PM me an address I will send him the mouse pad.

Or I could have Olga deliver it. She is Natasha’s cousin, I’m told she has a good personality.

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. WorsterMan

I refuse to fight over a woman!!!

If Olga has a "good personality" and perhaps is also a "good dancer" I highly recommend she deliver the mousepad to SN.

Since Natasha's name sounds like she is very attractive and is perhaps a little naughty, I think it only fair she deliver my mousepad!

Fair enough?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

That @dukesteer is one heck of a prognosticator.

:bow:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Is that the famous Olga Folkerselph?

FYI, blast from the past, National Lampoon's College Yearbook edition, or something like that.

Had student pictures with names, such as:

Ben Gay
    Vick Zvaporub
    Ava Jyna
    Olga Folkerselph

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Ok, I was wrong on who might beat us, but my total was exactly correct. No need to have Natasha deliver a mousepad. I remember when I was courting my wife the topic of John and Lorena Bobbitt came up. She thought the story was funny.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  26. WorsterMan

Yeah, that National Lampoon 1964 High School yearbook of Keafaufer HS was a hoot. It came out in 1973 when I was in college. It had hundreds of names, funny names, some my brother laughed about for years and some I still remember, mostly from one Homeroom photo:

Olga Fokyerself
    Hugh G Rection
    Ben Dover
    Lotta Krap
    Nan Tucket
    Ava Sectomy
    Seymour Butts
    Ray D Aider
    Buster Hymen
    I. P. Daily
    Hans Zoff
    Bette Yeras
    Maria Teresa Spermatazoa

BTW, I still have and use my nifty little HF mousepad.

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  27. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I think I got as close as anyone. Plus I was right about pain. Since I still have and use my Hornfans mousepad, I claim bragging rights.

• Like Like x 2
  28. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

So I thought, but didn't post, we would get ten wins could I get Natasha to visit? Umm can I call to say when wife is away? Not to worry I'm an old guy who can only dream, not much on carrying through, s***.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Based on what I saw in The Mule tonight, apparently old guys can have plenty of fun too.

30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good movie?