Prosecuting Rittenhouse Is Completely Unjust

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Monahorns, Nov 9, 2021.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

LOL!

But in all seriousness, let's look at the hypothetical reckless driving at night...you could expect some counsel to look at how long the practice had run and under what conditions. Did it contribute to potential physical fatigue? Was it late enough that ending the practice in daylight keeps the individual from being fatigued at night? And the list goes on...

Always look for the deep pockets.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Yes, she's "under my roof" until she's through college. So, until then I'm potentially on the hook. Luckily, I'm an Okie and, as such, judgment proof due to my position in trailer ownership and Buick LeSabres.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Upgraded from the Skylark, didja?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

His insurance would cover (assuming she isn't an excluded driver), but I couldn't make a separate claim against him unless I could establish an independent tort action against him, such as negligent entrustment, such as if she was unlicensed or otherwise incompetent to drive a vehicle.

Only if we could establish some negligence or wrongdoing on their part like the kegger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Being under your roof doesn't make you responsible.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Would it be negligent if, for example, at the youth softball keggers the adults bought full strength beer instead of the 2.9ABV stuff the kids are used to chugging? Would it depend on whether the adults informed the kids of the change or not? Would that information need to be written, or would oral transmission of the ABV change be considered adequate?

I'm just burning with curiosity here.

7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

How do you say the parent is negligent when the child is being tried as an adult? Cannot compute. Cannot compute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well she must have been an accomplice in the whole thing. She must have knowingly participated in the planning and follow through of the execution of said innocent bystander clearly running away. Riiiight? :idk:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Which is precisely why some are going to name the entity and then go fishing. If they are later dismissed, so be it...but there are enough out there that know some organizations will simply pay out a nuisance claim.

Remember, I did not say they WERE liable...just that they might pursue that avenue. I've known MANY who will seek to name ANYONE with a pocket that might have something in it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Being under your roof does not make you liable for her decisions made as an adult. There are reasons SOME parents put the kid on their own policy when they start driving even though the premiums are often higher...and why the kid's first car is often put in the kid's name.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

You'd be liable for every minor except your own kid.

Informing the kids would make no difference.

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It sorta depends on the limitations period. If it's about to expire, then yes, I'm suing everybody and his dog. I'm not facing a malpractice suit just to keep from being an annoyance to someone who provided booze to a minor. However, if I've got time to conduct discovery and build a real case against the provider first, I'll do that before adding them.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What a criminal court does generally doesn't bind a civil court. Different court, different rules. That's why OJ was acquitted of murder but held civilly liable for wrongful death.

14. Sangre Naranjada

Having sold alcohol for 11 years, I am aware of the real legal issues. I was just funnin'.

• Like Like x 2
  15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

My dad was an attorney. Our potential reckless endangerment seeing him lose cows, land, et al. kept him up nights. :)

This judge should totally run for Senate. He could get elected:

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I can text you if you did not get his point.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Reminds me of this guy:

One of my favorite minor TV characters in recent years.

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

This is what ticks me off. If Rittenhouse had been the one killed the left would not have given a **** during his killer's trial.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Next up, if Rittenhouse is found innocent, the media will begin go after the judge, and the entire court system. The articles are already ginning up anger at the potential outcome.

Judge bashing has already started. He made a small joke about breaking for lunch, which was Chinese food as I understand it. He said something to the effect of, "We'll break for lunch, unless our food is on one of those boats stuck in the harbor"

Twitter, etc were all over the comment, claiming it to be racist and anti-Asian.

This, on the same day Biden calls Satchel Paige a "Negro" and maybe the day after Kamala spoke in a fake French accent while in Paris. "Zee Plan"
    Not a peep about either of those incidents that I personally feel were much worse.
    I don't really understand why the Judge's joke was racist.
    And, really, really, don't understand why the media wants another riot in the streets.

'How not to be a good judge': Kyle Rittenhouse judge draws new backlash with 'Asian food' joke 'How not to be a good judge': Kyle Rittenhouse judge draws new backlash with 'Asian food' joke

:facepalm:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So do we not refer to it as the negro league now? It’s a historical league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Biden said in his exact words "adopted the attitude of the great Negro—at the time—pitcher in the Negro leagues". It's possibly an innocent gaffe. However, if Trump had said this you would be losing your mind.:p

• Agree Agree x 8
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Media wants a riot.

• Agree Agree x 7
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

24. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Maybe you should post his entire comment. Makes it easier to keep up to speed

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Maybe the prosecutor should have charged Rittenhouse with assault on the woman rather than murder of a couple of rioters who were attempting to injure or kill him. He wouldn't look as incompetent and stupid as he does now.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It wasn't just the league. He referred to a person (Satchel Paige) as a negro. I agree with Garmel that it was likely an innocent slip-up and that Biden meant no harm. However, it's far more racist than anything Judge Schroeder (who's a liberal Democrat, by the way) said and something the entire media would be shitting its pants over if a Republican said it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Sangre Naranjada

i have never defended Biden before, but knowing he has early stage dementia and knowing his thoughts get jumbled up through no fault of his own, this is what I believe Biden meant to say: "adopted the attitude of the great Negro League pitcher Satchel Page" and when he started to say it he either forgot Page's name or he realized he said "negro" out loud and in his head went "Oh ****! how do I fix this?" and thus you got "adopted the attitude of the great Negro—at the time—pitcher in the Negro leagues".

Now, what all neutral observers of the media have noted is also true. Trump or any other Republican would have been excoriated for making the same mistake. As Deez notes truly, the pants that would have been shat would not have been limited to just Joe Biden's.

• Agree Agree x 4
  28. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I just watched the full shooting video for the first time. I cannot understand how any reasonable person could watch that and conclude that it was not self-defense. Had he not shot the aggressors then he would have been severely beaten and possibly killed. Open and shut case of self-defense.

He was a minor in possession of a firearm so he should have been charged with that offense only. Arguing that he shouldn't have been there is ridiculous. He was in a public location and had just as much right to be there as any of the protestors. Next time the police should maintain law and order if they don't want others to fill the void.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The uproar seems not to be the reference to the Negro League but that Paige was referred to as one of the great Negros. SlowJoe then bumbled along to mention the Negro League.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 5