question re floyd death

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by huisache, Jun 9, 2020.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I find your "Hypocrite" comment curious. Do you use the word because:

1) The liberals elected the Governor of Minnesota, the person ultimately in charge of all the law enforcement so hated by the "hypocrites"?

2) The liberals elected the mayor of Minneapolis, who is ultimately in charge of appointing the police chief, who oversees the training of the police officers?

3) These "hypocrites" demanded change, went to polls and elected their handpicked "changers", who have miserably never delivered on their campaign promises?

4) The "hypocrites" live in a fantasy world complete with revisionist history, and have a main goal of getting on TV and getting more free ****, while fleecing their supporters?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't know. Perhaps someone threatened him? Hard to say. However, looking at the way he worded his earlier comments, the retraction seems fake.

3. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Would you prefer this choice of wording? to kill (a human being) unlawfully

4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

At the moment, ALL that we KNOW is that his actions MAY have contributed to the death. There are a number of things NOT being discussed in most media forums related to the tox screen and the account of the cashier who originally was the subject of the attempt to defraud.

But congratulations on demonstrating your ill-fitted nature for jury duty.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I am going out on a limb here, but surely you ARE aware that a substantial majority of arrested persons do not just say "ok officer, you caught me" and place their hands behind their back. Things happen in the span of a few seconds that can become very combustible, which is why the ENTIRETY of an incident must be considered, not just the mere snippet the media wants to glorify.

A complicating factor in this case is the claim that Chauvin and Floyd had worked together in a club. IF that is true, then we may have a situation where Chauvin was, in fact, aware of ALL of the Texas history. Past history CAN drive how an incident goes down. A review of literally thousands of reports will confirm this (it's my career).

Sadly, the left is going to refuse to accept ANY of the evidence that is profferred at trial and I suspect we have Minneapolis riots 2.0 somewhere in the next few years. Not even the prospect of the additional federal charges will preclude those idiots from going off again...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And what about the Somali officer that killed the Australian woman in Minneapolis? Amazing how you and the others on the left always conveniently omit incidents like that since they don't fit the narrative...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Well this never made national news. Or did it?

8. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I don't recall CNN or MSNBC giving it any meaningful play, although we DO know that white people did not go tearing stuff up and burning the local community. But again...it went against the narrative, so it was dismissed by most of the media.

Even David Dorn and Patrick Underwood got more coverage, although they still both got next to none despite the fact that their black lives were extinguished, Dorn by another black male. Not sure about Underwood although there was a brief report that a potential suspect was found dead last night (had also killed several other officers).

9. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Since this case has a long way to go before trial phase the chat in public opinion will hopefully provide more information as to why Chauvin killed Floyd.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

The public actually knows very little about the case. It doesn't fit the narrative foisted upon them by the libs...

11. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

My accused clients almost all submit peaceably when told they are under arrest. I know I always did back in my youth.

one of the mysteries in this case for me is why Mr Floyd went to the ground. He knew the drill real well

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

There are rumors that Floyd was passing off counterfeit money originating in the club he was providing security and that the cops were in on the racket. Conspiracy theory yes but an example of possible hidden info that hasn’t come to light.

• Hot Hot x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

According to the toxicology report, Floyd had both Meth and and an opioid multiple times stronger than heroin in his system. Perhaps that played a part in some erratic behavior.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

In the end, I wonder what will make persons going crazy over Floyd's death content. No police? You'll get to live amongst yourselves with no one coming to your aid. Make it illegal to get physical with a alleged criminal (especially if black)? There goes many successful arrests. While we're at it, let's just throw out some of these petty crimes that (perhaps) someone who could be black/underprivileged/oppressed so when the former crime is committed, there's nothing to see here? George Floyd could've been arrested and taken to jail without dying, but he was not and there's video and there'll be a trial. Could some wait for the not guilty verdict (Rodney King) before the mayhem begins? Deep Thoughts by Not Jack Handy....

15. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

or inability to survive the physicality of an arrest (minus knee to the neck, get it), but he appeared to fight against the arrest/being put in the police car. The physical exertion it takes to avoid arrest can be hard on the heart....

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I have actually learned about the knee pin technique a bit. It is a common technique taught to policemen. Chauvin did it wrong of course. There is supposed to be 1 knee on the back and the second knee is supposed to be used to keep the arms from grabbing the policemen. No weight is put on that knee. Also the technique is intended to be used in the process of getting the hand cuffs on. You get the cuffs on them get the person up and into the police car. Floyd was already cuffed and therefore couldn't use his arms to grab. So Chauvin shouldn't have used the knee. Then to make it worse and deadly he put his weight on the off knee which was on the neck. He made numerous "mistakes" whether on purpose or on accident. Either way he is responsible for Floyd's death and should be held accountable.

• Agree Agree x 2