Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  3. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. LonghornCatholic

5. LonghornCatholic

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

7. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

The winner, by a nose, the Fightin' Minnesota Vikings. Not sure they broke the record set by the Cowboys when Erik Williams, Michael Irvin, et. al. were, snortin', whorin' & rapin' their way around Dallas & surrounding counties.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

1sa
    The accusation of Eric Williams raping a woman while Irvin held a gun on her duing drug fueled act was proven a lie

Charges were completely dropped
    Not that they were choir boys but that allegation never happened

• Like Like x 3
  9. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Actually, I had not even heard that story. And you are right, they were not choir boys. As I understand, there were some hookers & coke dealers who got rather wealthy off that group (not JUST the 2 mentioned).. Not that the entire organization was evil, but there were some truly bad actors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

That incident dominated the news for most of 1997. You mentioned both Williams and Irvine as snorting and raping their way around the DFW area. AS far as I know that was the only incident where they were falsely accused.
    As I said neither they nor many of the Boys were innocent choir boys BUT other than the false accusation no other rape charges were made against them.

11. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

My apology if I falsely accused anyone, but I've heard more than 1 or 2 stories involving that group & their involvement with legal authorities.

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

Remember a Marriot front desk clerk accused Irvin of sexual harassment in Feb 23 during Super Bowl week. He lost both of his NFL jobs. After reviewing the tape that Marriot tried to withhold AND hearing unsolicited testimony from 3 men who just happened to be at lobby bar and had interacted with him ( one was a Philly fan, One was from Australia and had no idea who Irvin was) Michael's attorneys sued Marriot. No charges were even pursued. Marriott must have settled out of court.
    Then again in Feb 24 there were allegations filed against Irvin in Allen tx. Those charges have now been dropped.
    Don't forget Dak had allegations brought against him. Those charges have been dropped.

1sa You are right. We just don't know what all they get away with BUT neither should they have their lives and livelihoods destroyed by women thinking they can make easy money

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I did a Google search of Cowboys & the law. What I found was that the Cowboys weren't (aren't) the worst offenders among NFL teams. Several teams had more run-ins & more serious issues with law enforcement. True, the accusation involving Williams was retracted (my sincere apology). However, there were issues of Cowboys involved in hookers, blow & sexual misconduct (some being dropped for financial considerations) and other High Crimes & Misdemeanors.

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

Well Isa
    to be fair to you Williams had other run ins with the law and others skirted close to OR got favorable dismissals from local police.
    It surprises me that the Cowboys were so far down the list.
    That said I really want Dak to be the good guy he appears to be

15. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  16. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

17. everette

everette 250+ Posts

...so they were sitting on the Group W bench?

18. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I forgot to mention the littering.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Agree. Hope that piece of Cowboy history is over.

20. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 3
  21. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

And so the really uncontrollable of ugliness begins. Need to be naming NCAA in these lawsuits, and maybe we can rid the sport we love of two cancers in one court ruling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

23. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

Does that mean Fla reneged on alleged Napier NIL offer?

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

At some point the Universities will have to say screw the signing period and natiional letter of intent and just sign the player to a contract to pay them x per year for x years including tuition. The ncaa can rule them ineligible and then the player and the university can sue the ncaa out of existence (at least in football, basketball and baseball).

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Recording of call?

26. LonghornCatholic

27. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I will admit that I possibly/probably allowed my disdain for Jerrah & the Cowboys to cloud my perceptions, so I will retract my comments & apologize to anyone I may have misjudged.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

1sa No apology needed by me, am a mostly Cowboy fan. Everything you mentioned except for Eric and Michael non event is accurate. The Cowboys skirt the law and make up tons of the local sports news. If you are in the DFW area anyone would think the Cowboys are the worst of the worst. I groan every time a negative story airs,
    I imagine if one is any other NFL city they get flooded with the negative news of that team.
    BTW which NFL team do you like?

29. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

As a boy, I loved Johnny U & the Colts. Then the Cowboys were born & they became my team. While I have/had great respect for Tom L, he became way too predictable. I fell in love with Dan Pastorini & the Oilers so when they drafted Earl they became my team. Around the same time, Jerrah bought the Cowboys & classlessly fired Tom & Bud Adams held Houston hostidge over a new downtown stadium. Houston said "no" so Bud moved the team. I got disgusted with the whole mess & settled on College ball. So I have no interest in the NFL. My kids do Fantasy Football so I just watch Red Zone & root for whichever team employs the most Longhorns.

• Like Like x 1
  30. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

How about you, 6721?