Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

It does look odd but so do a lot of other CFP things before this like aggy in SEC and Maryland and Rutgers in Big 10.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well said VY. :hookem: :texasflag:

3. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

BEAUTIFUL ^

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't mind Dirty's having the plaque as long as I don't have to ever sit in their dining room with Jimbo.

Question for someone is, how does Stephen Braggs feel about that. Dirty's was his favorite restaurant, at least until we went there for a post game meal and his wife had about a 4-5 inch roach in the botton of her tea glass. Don't think Stephen ever got her to go back.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I mean, it's been known as Dirty's for decades. What the hell do you expect?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Interesting... Google pronounces SFA "Stefa'n F Austin." Guess I was mispronouncing it all these years.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

10. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

11. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  12. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

SEC insider.
    Gags will love this..

Last edited: May 26, 2024
  14. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

They are the most miserable humans on earth. They cannot get out of their own way. Wish them nothing but misery for years to come!!!

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

What aggy can't or wont grasp is the $ec has wanted The University of Texas for a very long time however it wasn't beneficial to Texas to join it. When it was, the 2 entities talked and agreed to the merger. The $ec KNEW that aggy didn't want Texas to join and wouldn't be happy about it, however did that stop it? Basically the $ec said "aggy, quit your crying and b*tching because we WANT Texas!".
    They can always jump to the big XII

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

If I revel in Aggie misery, will I be punished in the next life? If so, I’m in serious trouble.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. longhornlegend

Wouldnt that be hilarious!! Its a shame the ags cant be descent. Their fan support for their teams are unwavering and that is admirable. Texas has not always had that but Mack pretty much turned that upside down when he came. As hard as we tried to go woke with football coaches, it appears we have found a good one that is driving support and also all our programs are excelling except baseball which I have utmost confidence that CDC will fix soon.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

legend,

Their fan support maybe unwavering, but their checkbooks aren't. The Aggies lost $20 million a year for at least two years in a row. They had no choice but to jump at the first money train coming by, but in their case, it was the only money train. They borrowed the $20 from the school the first year with a promise to pay it off in a year, but when the year arrived, they had lost an additional twenty. Then Sharp pulled off the Jimbo fiasco.

They aren't jumping anywhere because they have to stay where the money is and hope for an occasional upset.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 Hook'em

Thanks for explaining Sabre
    So poor aggy has several meanings

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Bu...bu...but "Gentilemen's Agreement".

22. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

I get why the Jimbo buyout would dent the bottom line, but how do the Ags lose money before that?

They've got the SEC tv contract, a rabid fanbase, and a huge stadium that they can infinitely expand by narrowing the seats.

It seems like it would take a perverse sort of skill to lose money with all those assets.

23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

They were not in the SEC at that point and didn't have the Jimbo fiasco yet. How did they do it? More importantly, how did they do it two years in a row? Great leadership.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Sabre Horn was referring to the time before they joined the SEC. Yes, big cash after joining SEC, but they blew that wad on facilities, new Kyle, and Jimbo. What did they get for all that? 4th place in SEC West in most years and a combined losing record for the last 2 years.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. longhornlegend

Not sure I can buy into this one about needing to borrow money. They own the oil and gas world in and around Houston and are certainly kings in agriculture here in Texas as well. Bottom line, there is no shortage of money in roidville. I heard a similar argument a few months back about bama cant do this or that. These major schools and yes the ags qualify, have many wealthy alumni and can fund whatever someones ego needs. Before they made that insane contract with jumbo they had to get alumni approval since the athletic budget at atm is not funded by the school just like Texas is not funded by the school. The ags are nowhere near the revenue stream of Texas but its still a substantial number.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The biggest problem is they effectively rebuilt Pyle twice since 1990. The first was the "tackle-box" design, and the second was the current facility. At one point they "took" money from a protected account and got caught so they had to borrow the funds to repay the "loan".

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Even an aggy knows they are throwing good money after bad. Now with Texas joining the SEC, they have regret for blowing their opportunity. It would be the equivalent of investing your life’s savings in IBM after Jobs returned to Apple.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Imagine if they invested that money anywhere else than aggy land. It’s the opportunity cost that matters, not the results they got for their money (which is nothing to brag about either).

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

After all that money spent, they are back to where they were before: looking up to big brother in football this Fall.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Keep your "woke" opinions to yourself or West Mall.

• Dislike Dislike x 1