Random Offseason News

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jun 1, 2017.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I’m bored as ****.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, Ehlinger is such a slacker and a real softie on the field. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

He also said," We're baaaack !! " LOL .... its all talk and hype, unless or until its backed up on the field. With the patented 4 or 5 losses a year as the norm, I'll believe it when I see it. Really don't know what to expect as there will be several new faces starting, along with nearly the entire coaching staff being new. Texas could go 10-0 or 6-4....l wouldn't be shocked at either one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IMO, 4 losses in a 10g season with a 4-year starter at QB would be shocking

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The NFL is down to 12 positives
    42k tests
    Five teams with zero positives -- Houston, Carolina, Arizona, New England and the Chargers.

7. RainH2burntO

As predicted, and.....listen up naysayers....The Exact Same Would/Will Happen in College Football and
    The Exact Same Thing Would Happen On a Macro Scale Nationwide if we just got on with things in this country.

8. RainH2burntO

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

These teams are wearing masks.
    Isolating.
    Testing.
    Tracking.
    Quarantining.
    All the things the general public refuses to do.

11. RainH2burntO

I'm referring to how when teams reconvene this happens:
    A bunch of people test positive
    And then
    A bunch of people dont
    (As I've noted before it goes 2 positives, 12 positives, 5 positives, 0 positives....and the whole team moves on with business)

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

That is great

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We have a couple walk-on RS freshman OLs who are out there practicing
    Chad Wolf of Lake Travis and Michael Balis of Plano West
    Balis is almost 300lb now

Michael Balis Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

• Like Like x 3
  14. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

You have met Tom Herman, haven't you?

:texasflag:

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. RainH2burntO

To that point....
    Here is but one more updated preseason top 25....with UT coming in at 11.
    One thing is certain....No matter what you read or whose ranking or analysis you see this season....
    There is a consistent, implied perception that ...something... coaching, ability to put it all together, intangible, invisible whatever.....holds the team back and everyone watching is in major prove it mode.
    Rarely will you see a power-brand team like Texas with as much acknowledged talent and skill, returning starters and production, etc not getting more love. Coming in at 11 in various polls without the pac12 or b1g and behind teams like OSU and others who arguably arent in as good of a position as Texas in many respects SPEAKS VOLUMES ABOUT THE CURRENT CAUTIOUSNESS OR DOUBTING THE COACHING AND LEADERSHIP.

For the record I am on board with and support TH...think his best days are still ahead. But these analysis and rankings speak volumes.. especially if you read what is being said over and over and look how we are projected relative to ther programs.

(Btw sooners at 3 is too high)

Here's the list FWIW...
    CBS Sports releases latest CFB power rankings

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

"However, with Ehlinger in the fold, the Longhorns have a chance to make a run at the Pac-12 title."

Gonna be tough for Texas to win the Pac-12 title w/o playing in the Pac-12, but since no other teams in the Pac-12 will be playing either would a win over UTEP be enough to claim the Pac-12 title?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. RainH2burntO

That is hilarious. I overlooked it.
    It could simply be a type/brain-o, but you can't help but think about the cliched perception that many national writers dont really pay close attention to much of what they are suppose to express expertise in...like writing about teams or players or conferences they never watch or analyze closely.
    It is...I suppose...a Freudian slip.
    But as to his notion, I'd be happy being crowned the champs of any conference right now!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  18. RainH2burntO

Leinhart does a pretty good job of expressing/reflecting the sentiment on Texas here...
    Guess it's been the sentiment for a few years now....but more voices off the wagon than on now moving from "about to be_______" anticipation to "I'll believe it when I see it" doubt.

Matt Leinart must 'see it to believe it' with Texas

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I am really alone here thinking we are going to win 9-10 games in the regular season?

20. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

We lose 4 games and I will be 100% for getting rid of Herman, in fact I will be on a crusade to can his ***. You don't bring back the Talent we have with a 4 year starting QB and lose more than a game and expect to keep your job. If we don't win the conference this year, Herman ain't ever going to win it.

21. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

No, you are not.
    I think we go undefeated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I have to say that our team appears to be one of the few who really want to play this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. RainH2burntO

I said 8-2 with win in RRR and unsure about w or l in CCG but I lean win......unless refs screw us again

24. RainH2burntO

This is your best post ever, Moon.
    :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  25. RainH2burntO

TCU QB Max Duggan questionable for season with heart ailment.
    Hate to see this kind of stuff holding a young man back. Wish him all the best.
    (For the record, I think our horrid backend play made him look better than he should have looked last year, but kids got moxy and potential....and he did beat us regardless of how --->> just close your eyes and chunk it as far as you can a couple times and let your receiver trash our deep coverage - That...and our putrid offensive showing was enough).
    Status of TCU QB Max Duggan uncertain for 2020 season

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Congenital, not COVID related. What if this was caught because of extra screening due to COVID? If we have one athlete death due to COVID, what about the lives saved? Do you think the media will cover that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Will this ever end? My daughter tells me my 13 year old grandson cries everyday. My 8 year old and she aren''t far behind. Just tell me when?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I am not so sure this is a good idea ...

• Like Like x 1
  29. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

That is the EXACT reason

30. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

The big difference is that professional sports can be in a bubble. In college there is no such thing as a bubble. Online classes and strict anti socialization rules will help immensely.