Rangers Above .500

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by BurntOrange03, May 31, 2008.

1. BurntOrange03

BurntOrange03 100+ Posts

All rejoyce. the rangers are finally above .500

they play for 2nd in the West tomorrow as well

2. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

Here's a photo of the trophy the Rangers will be receiving from MLB for reaching that elite pinnacle that so very few teams achieve: playing .500 ball.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s120/solbrains/FNFL%20trophies/Horses-***-Award.gif

The day that they finally win their first postseason series, Selig announced they will get the other half of the trophy, which will be cryogenically frozen to prevent petrification or decay, in case the Rangers' first postseason series win comes after the extinction of horses, so the human race can remember what they look like.

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Just got back from The Ballpark with Mrs. HHD. Terrific game tonight. Nice outing by Ponson, very good defense, and timely hitting. The HR Josh hit was a rope to the Ranger bullpen.
    This team is developing nicely. Do keep in mind this season is about developing - they're still a year away. No quick fix trades of top prospects at the trading deadline if they're two games out of first. Stay the course...

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Horn@AC

Horn@AC 250+ Posts

It's fun watching the offense, and the pitching is hanging in there alright. The make shift starting pitching has done alot better than I was expecting.

5. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

bow down to the astros god, bow down. So bow down to her if you want, bow to her. Bow to the Queen of Slime, the Queen of Filth, the Queen of Putrescence. Boo. Boo. Rubbish. Filth. Slime. Muck. Boo. Boo. Boo.

go suck a fat one.

6. BurntOrange03

BurntOrange03 100+ Posts

astrovol...you guys have won so many titles...how many is it again?

until you guys have a title...its just sad

and at least we wont suck for the next 10 years...have fun w/that roster btw...

7. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

So, I guess that makes the Vol baseball team the college equivalent of the Rangers.

8. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

HHD you brought the right mojo reciepe to the ballpark last night. It was very pleasing watching the Rangers erupt for those later inning runs... highlighted by Hamilton's crushing first pitch RBI HR. This is starting to get fun. Go Rangers!

9. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

10. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

I guess if you hit a HR with a guy on first and two outs but pass him on the bases, you'd have a HR with no RBI...funny thing is, you know that's happened at some point in some level of baseball...

11. BurntOrange03

BurntOrange03 100+ Posts

12. spystud13

spystud13 250+ Posts

13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

"I have never heard the term RBI Home run. Is there any other kind?"

Good point... think I was a little hungover or sleepy when I posted that.

As for Sunday... well the A's won a high scoring 13-8 contest so the Good Guys are back to a humble .500 - BUT they took the series vs. Oakland. Bring on the Tribe or whomever is next [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

astrovol can't seem to figure out the astros have as many world series titles as the rangers and one more WS appearance but he thumps his chest on here and looks ridiculous.

15. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

It's a Houston thing.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

16. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts