Ray Epps.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 2003TexasGrad, Jan 12, 2022.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

He is silent regarding Dems and media making these confounded claims about 2016 while condemning others who have made different claims about 2020.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You posted a press release as if it were some manner of a 'gotcha' moment and yet it really doesn't say what most believe that you thought it did...once again, the MSM talking points are wrong (keeping in mind that Psaki actually IS claiming it was stolen).

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Not just the DNC but HRC's Campaign Manager, Podesta. You're welcome to try to make the argument that hacking a Campaign Manager (and releasing info through Wikileaks within hours of a Trump scandal breaking) has nothing to do with an election but I doubt it would be convincing to most rational people.

4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If you would like to see real "scandals" take a look at Let's Go Brandon and Hunter "Crack Head" Biden's activities in Ukraine and China. I haven't heard you criticize that.

If Podesta's emails didn't show what a scumbag Hillary is, that wouldn't have been a problem despite it being illegal. Who was it that hacked Podesta's email? Was it Trump? No, it wasn't.

5. Seattle Husker

To have an apples to apples comparison I'd have to be proclaiming fraud, like multiple conservatives here, yourself included. I haven't done that. No claims that the votes were shifted or even that the election was stolen. The DNC and Podesta were hacked. The Mueller investigation indicted 12 GRU officers. Wikileaks was a party to the breach as the dissemination tool. Are you saying those incidents didn't happen? For the 12 indictments that no evidence existed to support the indictments?

If you want to accurately relay what I've said its Trump won with wind at his sails. Mueller didn't find any collaboration with the Russians and Trump's campaign which was a great thing for all of us. We know that Russia ran a rather minor disinformation campaign with Facebook. From memory they spent ~$100k. It's the hacking that was far more damaging to the HRC campaign. That wasn't Trumps fault but merely he was the beneficiary, most notably the day the "***** Grabber" audio tape was released Podesta's emails were released within hours.

Please assume that I vehemently disagree with any media or other that says the 2016 election was "stolen".

6. Seattle Husker

Then you haven't read my posts.

7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So you do think the Biden's are scumbags?

8. Seattle Husker

Hunter Biden? Absolutely. Hunter is without a doubt the worst but many children of recent POTUS appear to be real shitbags.

I'd support laws that limited the grifting of children of Potus/VP, without a doubt.

9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Someone posted a Meme about how much Bloomberg spent and lost versus how little the Russians spent and "their" man won.

10. Seattle Husker

The $$ the Russkies spent was shockingly small on Facebook per the Mueller report. Their influence in Facebook was overplayed in the media. It wasn't all 1-sided towards Trump too. In many cases they targeted sowing discord in Americans, making us hate each other.

As evidenced by West Mall, we do that without any Russian involvement. At least @Musburger1 doesn't try to divide us but simply post their own propaganda.

11. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

But Biden is good despite threatening to hold back $1billion unless the prosecutor investigating Burisma was fired?

12. Seattle Husker

I'd agree with you if you didn't need to twist the timeline to make your statement true. I've no desire to rehash bygone arguments but the Burisma investigation was long dead when Biden made his threat to quell corruption.

13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm not TRYING to divide anybody. Just giving my opinions. Are they lies? I don't think I'm a liar. It's more a perception that I have about things.

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

In 2016, Ukraine’s top prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, had an active and ongoing investigation into Burisma and its owner, Mykola Zlochevsky.10 At the time, Archer and Hunter Biden continued to serve on Burisma’s board of directors. According to news reports, then-Vice President Biden “threatened to withhold $1 billion in United States loan guarantees if Ukraine’s leaders did not dismiss [Shokin].” 11 After that threat, Ukraine’s Parliament fired Shokin.

Federal regulation prohibits federal government employees from “us[ing] [] public office for [] private gain … or for the private gain of … relatives.”15 This regulation also seek “[t]o ensure that the performance of [] official duties does not give rise to an appearance of the use of public office for private gain or of giving preferential treatment[.]”16 This regulation, however, does not apply to the president or vice president.17

15. Seattle Husker

I'm not pointing the finger at any specific person on the West Mall for division. It's the charged language we all use for often mundane topics. You could count on 1 hand the number of posters here that actually listen and respond to the other side whereas most of us simply use the West Mall as our own personal soapbox.

16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

What the Chairmen discovered during the course of this investigation is that the Obama administration knew that Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board was problematic and did interfere in the efficient execution of policy with respect to Ukraine. Moreover, this investigation has illustrated the extent to which officials within the Obama administration ignored the glaring warning signs when the vice president’s son joined the board of a company owned by a corrupt Ukrainian oligarch. And, as will be discussed in later sections, Hunter Biden was not the only Biden who cashed in on Joe Biden’s vice presidency. This report not only details examples of extensive and complex financial transactions involving the Bidens, it also describes the quandary other U.S. governmental officials faced as they attempted to guide and support Ukraine’s anticorruption efforts. The Committees will continue to evaluate the information and evidence as it becomes available.

In early 2015, senior State Department official George Kent raised concerns to staff in the Office of the Vice President about Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board. Kent testified that he never heard anything back from the vice president’s office, and although Kent advised that Hunter Biden should step down from Burisma’s board to avoid the perception of a potential conflict of interest, his recommendation was not followed. Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board continued to be an issue State Department officials had to manage when executing U.S. / Ukraine policy. More than a year after Kent reported his concerns to the vice president’s staff, he wrote to his superiors that Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board was “very awkward” to those on the front lines pushing anticorruption efforts in Ukraine on a daily basis.25 Kent testified that he felt the need to “prepar[e] everybody for ‘what about-ism,’ because we’re pushing what’s right … and we have to be prepared for people who are critics, are opponents, to say, ‘Well, what about? What about Hunter Biden?’” 26 Indeed, Kent testified further that he “would have advised any American not to get on the board of Zlochevsky’s company.” 27 The Committees are also aware of at least one other senior State Department official, Amos Hochstein, who raised concerns directly to Vice President Biden about potential conflicts of interest relating to Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board.28 Although Hochstein declined to testify about the substance of his conversation with Vice President Biden,29 the New Yorker reported that Hochstein “did not go so far as to recommend that Hunter leave the board.” 30 The Committees found that neither the Office of the Vice President nor the State Department ever took any action following these complaints.

Old Joe was really kicking *** on Ukraine corruption. He did absolutely nothing to stop it because his family was benefitting from it. Scumbag = Joe Biden.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's probably true (the soapbox part). I'm convinced that AOC et al need to be politically eliminated meaning ALL OF THEM NEED TO LOSE.

That is my soapbox. Without them you'd hear more things from me in favor of traditional Democrat positions. But it doesn't matter when we have a tsunami of extremism flying down to South Texas (to my hometown) to politically destroy A DEMOCRAT because he's not a sociopath like they are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Here is the perception and the perception has wheels because politicians and their sycophants lie all day long.

Biden demands action to uncover corruption and withholds money.

Trump does the same thing but it involves Biden's son.

Crickets on the former; impeachment on the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I cannot locate any facts that Biden tried to stop corruption in the Ukraine.

Obviously, his son took a place on the Board of Directors of Burisma, which was under investigation by Ukraine for corruption at the time Hunter joined Burisma.

I'm not sure we need much more evidence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Somewhat related...

(IYKYK)

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

And you don't think that's not photoshopped? It looks wonky.

22. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Hence the IYKYK. You know...If You Know, You Know.

I really DID give some around here too much credit it would appear...

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Barry, that's a lot of white for a Brooklyn subway.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I interpreted the IYKYK differently. Funny though.

Let's be honest, our former QAnon rep would still be talking about the false flag operation based on that picture.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Abolish the FBI

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Nuts how the FBI went from cool in the 90s to political tool just 30 years later.

29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 4
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So obvious that Jan 6 was a fed operation:

• Agree Agree x 3