Red River Chowdown

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Ajo Macho, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Ajo Macho

Ajo Macho 500+ Posts

We all know you can get fried anything at the State Fair, but what are your favorite things to whip up (or order) when watching Texas-OU from home?

Breakfast tacos and chili are my most frequent staples.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Two weeks ago, when we curb stomped Tech, I made a Frito chili pie with chopped sweet onion, bread & butter pickled jalapenos and lots of cheese. It had been ages since I made a Frito chili pie, just like it had been ages since we curb stomped someone like that. Guess what I'm making this Saturday?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Y’all need to post pics of the goodies here during the game

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. earl77

earl77 500+ Posts

can't eat.

• Like Like x 1
  5. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Wait...we are watching Bevo and Bijan romp while we chow down and you ALSO want us to leave the viewing area to post pictures? What sort of evil taskmaster ARE you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

No one said it would be easy

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ajo,

Watching live from the Westside upper deck, but I have a set routine.

Before the game, Belgium waffle with powdered sugar, whipped cream, strawberries & a Dr Pepper.

After the game, Momma Fernie's funnel cake, then to Hans Mueller's for the best sausage in a stick (Yoakum Packing) and watch football on Glen's 8 foot TV screen, then down to chicken fried bacon if David Sims is there (I'm not standing in that line), a few steps farther to the tornado potatoes. Walk around the Cotton Bowl to Fletchers (that will be our second stop there because my grandson will want one before or right after the game. If my grandson wants to, we'll stop at Herrera's on Sylvan for dinner. I'm sure there will be a few junk food stops that are new on the east side of the Cotton Bowl.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

^ This man knows how to granddad

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Can I be your grandson too?

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I dont always go to the ou game, but when I do I prefer tradition - I have 1-2 Ftetchers Corn Dawgs and a beer... Ultra in recent years. No Dos XX's.

I will keep tradition this Saturday.:hookem:

:ousucksnana:

• Like Like x 3
  12. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

So this is the first time the wife and I went without kids. That SEVERELY limited how much variety we could eat.

When ordering/paying for 4-5 people, we can do so many different foods, all get a bite or two and enjoy a lot.

This is our history...
    Fletcher's
    funnel cake
    this year's fried food winner
    turkey leg
    pick three or so from...fried oreos, fried cookie dough, fried pbbj, chicken fried bacon (i feel so ashamed)
    frozen lemon chill

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't count unless it came from Mamma Fernie. She introduced the funnel cake at the Fair, and is the best. 40+ years she fed me. Great lady, and I'm proud to say my friend.

Glad none of you guys were around to see me when I walked in and saw the memorial set up at The Dock.