Refugee Caravan Heading For U.S.

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Apr 3, 2018.

1. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

So the Democrats want

1) to allow the soon to be illegals across the border giving credence to the "asylum" claim - unless I've missed the Democrat's opposition to the caravan entering the U.S.

and

2) to penalize employers to dissuade them from hiring illegals

If we allow them across, but don't hire them, what are they supposed to do for sustenance?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Duh, they go on the government dole, like their brethren.

The Cost of Illegal Immigration to US Taxpayers | FAIR

3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Oh yeah......that's right.

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Are there really people who think illegals contribute more than they take from us?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Intercepting them before they get to the US border would be the best thing for the US. It could even make the US military personnel be more cautious in their actions and keep the situation from escalating to its highest peak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

It looks like Mexico is doing maybe as much as they can. I know we are going to compensate Mexico for doing things and I am ok with that.
    First Mexico offered them asylum , education and jobs etc which the horde turned down
    Now Mexico refused to send buses to the horde to get them to Mexico City which apparently is causing the first horde to change direction, to change from Tijuana to McAllen which is hundreds of miles closer.

I really wish the MSM would start asking questions on who is funding the horde.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I wish our military would target the people who are funding the horde.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow Trump is maybe getting too far out there
    "Anybody throwing stones, rocks, like they did to Mexico and the Mexican military, Mexican police, where they badly hurt police and soldiers of Mexico, we will consider that a firearm,” Trump said, noting that some migrants have been violent while attempting to cross the Mexican-Guatemalan border."

I still want skunk spray.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is what they are going to get --

-- Asylum will be automatically denied unless you come through an official Point of Entry
    -- Anyone seeking asylum will be housed in massive tent cities until their court cases, years if necessary.
    -- Catch and release is over.

New EOs are coming next week on asylum.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So what will they do to illegals to make sure they are sent far enough back into Mexico so they don't sneak back in?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is something they have already done -- The caravanors have filed a class action lawsuit in the DC District Court. The nominal defendants are Trump ("our President") and others

They seek preemptive declaratory relief that Trump has violated their (procedural and substantive due process) rights rights under the 5th Amendment.

"Trump’s professed and enacted policy towards thousands of caravanners seeking asylum in the United States is shockingly unconstitutional."
    Trump seeks to prevent them from "exercising their lawful right to seek asylum in the United States"

So, non-citizens who have not "set foot on" US soil are suing for "professed" actions, including for "adequate temperature control and ventilation" in the tents theyve never seen (see my post 2 up^).

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5026840/11-1-18-Pineda-v-Trump-Complaint.pdf

[​IMG]

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

if as has been explained on here according to International law people seeking asylum must take it in the first country they enter, which was Guatemala
    And Mexico made them a really generous offer
    How would this horde have any standing here in our country?

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Lack of standing
    Lack of ripeness
    Lack of sense

But, as we have seen in Hawaii, Washington and California, some District Court judges just dont give a darn about your quaint, old fashioned rules

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see the horde filed the suit in DC.

15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

One thing this caravan shows is that a whole bunch of people believe Trump’s America is a safer and better place for Hispanics than are any of the countries making up Latin America.

The majority of left-leaning people I know are convinced of this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Stat
    That is disappointing. That some would ignore reality.
    I wonder if these same people think the thousands making their way up now could be a positive? Or if they think a nation has no right to know who comes in .

17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This is really horrifying.
    and this is one small segment of one of FOUR caravans,

Looking at all the able bodied men in the vids I wonder how media finds any women and children to interview?

• Like Like x 2
  18. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The answer is, "Your tax dollars at work."

19. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sure. The wealthy people who get cheap domestic labor and don't care where the help makes up the difference to cover their health care.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I don't know the real story but the churn of money from one person to another that gets spent at the store does create a taxable event. And someone who is illegal and has their taxes withheld (including SS/Medicare) but doesn't file for a refund or SS benefits is also contributing. Now, what are they getting back from the government? Food stamps? Welfare? Free medical at the emergency room? I'd like to see the numbers if they truly are available.

If an illegal alien crew builds a house then does it mean the builder made a higher profit? And if so, does he spend it creating economic activity. Maybe it get invested into a new home to build with some take home pay shaved off. If he spends that then there's a taxable event. Is it traceable to the illegal alien wage delta versus union workers? If you paid the union workers the higher wage instead of hiring the illegal aliens then they create economic churn as they spend their money. But with the higher profit garnered using illegal aliens goes to the builder so we'd have to analyze that. Then multiply it by however many houses are in this category.

21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There have been numerous studies by CAIR and CIS that outline how much each illegal net costs the taxpayer. But they are anti illegals.
    Heritage Foundation in 2013 reported a net loss to taxpayers of 14k per illegal.
    I am sure there are newer studies. I d9 not see any way illegals are a net benefit
    Certainly not enough that .We should continue to allow them to invade us and take out benefits.

22. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget the cost of education for every child who shows up with them. That's a VERY big one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's weird this crazy woman gets it, yet Paul Ryan does not

24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I've seen recent estimates that each illegal costs the U.S. $70,000 a head.

As posted above, Illegals are big time consumers of taxpayer-funded services. What ever limited taxes they pay/generate doesn't come close to offsetting the costs to the taxpayers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I have heard both sides. Some studies claim illegals are a drain. Others claim they are a benefit.

26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They are a drain for some and a benefit for others.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

She is a self-serving phony. She will say anything to win. She was a Nader supporter. Does anyone think she actually believes this?

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like some or all of this may come out today
    At least the part about banning illegal immigrants from eligibility for asylum if they do not cross the border at an official POE

• Like Like x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Now the Horde wants buses to bring them to our border since it is now cold.
    Mexico has offered them asylum, refugee status and work visas.
    If as most are saying there is no work in their home countries( which does not qualify for asylum btw) why would they turn down Mexico's very generous offer?
    The people funding this horde are misleading these people.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

I read this over the weekend.
    2011 President Obama sent national Guard troops to the border called Operation Phalanx, they apprehended 18,000 illegal immigrants and 56,000 lbs of illegal drugs. He received bipartisan praise from members of Congress. Washington Post called it "smart politics"

2006 George W sent US National Guard troops, apprehended 176,000 immigrants, and almost 900 million illegal drugs. Operation Jump Start

1994 President Clinton deployed military personnel to help retain control of the San Diego/Tijuana border. Operation Gatekeeper

1989 George H. W. establish Joint Task Force-6, that deployed the US military to the southwest border region.

Where was the outrage over these actions?

• Like Like x 3