Regret Skipping Vince?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by bravobevo, Mar 21, 2007.

1. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

2. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

What we are witnessing with the Texans is the initial dismantling of a football organization based on a bad pick in the first round.

3. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

4. ghost,
    did you know you can like vince while acknoeldging that he throws like bernie kosar?
    yes, he had an impact his rookie season. he just didn't have a little thing called a quarterback rating. hmm, now that sounds like it would be important.

5. TX-EX_98

TX-EX_98 25+ Posts

Admiral Stockdale is a genius. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

this thread is funny. thanks admiral

7. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

explain to me how quarterback rating is important on 3rd and 15 from the 39 yard line, in overtime?

8. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

I'm with GOO, too!!! F the Texans!

10. mez2

mez2 100+ Posts

12. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

Kent Teckulve! Like a fine wine, this thread gets better and better.

13. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

<Brian Fantana> Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you stop talking for a while </Brian Fantana>

14. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

15. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

this thread makes me smile.

I propose a HF sarcasm meter donation drive, so we can distribute these life necessities to our less fortunate brothers such as Ghost Horn and Hoosier.

17. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

19. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

20. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

i just rated this thread.

21. those blinded by hate can't objectively assess anything the texans do. that's why ghost and others refuse to give them credit for this move.

22. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

I was born in Georgia, and I'm offended they call themselves "The Texans". [​IMG]

23. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

The Houston Texans remind me of George Dubya Bush in their refusal to admit a mistake.

24. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd 100+ Posts

I think VY's got more of a Dan Quisenberry throwing motion, and he hits for power like Willie Wilson.

26. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

I despise Bottom line BUD,

But go Tenessee Oilers

27. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

This thread is making my day.

Ghost, tell Admiral that Barry Switzer wasn't a good coach because he didn't know he x's and o's.

28. here's what i don't understand. you people say "do the texans regret taking mario williams instead of vince young since they're getting a new quarterback this year".
    couldn't you say that about any tracnsaction that happens this year?
    i think this is what you all are saying (hypothetical):

the chargers selected a defensive tackle in the first round last year when a wide receiver was still on the board. this year, they cut a wide receiver and picked up another wide receiver.
    do the chargers regret not taking a wide receiver last
    year?

i mean, i can't answer that. doesn't compute. [​IMG]

29. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

30. what you don't understand is that i'm a huge vy fan. i just feel like i'm a little more objective and am capable of liking two things at once, e.g. the texans and vy.
    his throwing motion is a major problem that needs to be corrected. in fact, i could probably make a case that his poor mechanics are largely responsible for his poor qb rating.