Reporter tosses Romney a hardball at Staples store

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by zzzz, Jan 18, 2008.

1. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Too bad it wasn't at Radio Shack -- "You've got Questions. We've got Answers."

2. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Romney is paying Beth Meyers $100K. But it looks like she donated to John Kerry in the last election:

The Link

3. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

Mitt Romney is a joke.

4. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

5. Texas_Curl

Texas_Curl 100+ Posts

6. Mr.Wizard

Mr.Wizard 1,000+ Posts

Liars should be called out, too bad he could not deal.

7. roy_batty

roy_batty 250+ Posts

Who's he grinding it for?

McCain? Huckabee? Giuliani?

Not your typical who's who of librul meedyuh favorites.

8. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

Romney's arrogance pisses me off. It's quite noticeable IMO, especially when he's around the other GOP candidates.

To a lesser extent, I feel the same way about Hillary with respect to her Dem presidential opponents.

I know all politicians are this way, but in this race these two in particular seem to really exemplify this point. It really rubs me the wrong way.

9. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

10. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

Anderson Cooper last night on CNN confirmed that Romney was essentially telling the truth and that the lobbyist has no position of leadership in the campaign in question. Romney never said that lobbyists could not contribute or participate in his campaign, he merely said that they did not run the campaign.

Now, I think that it is perfectly appropriate to call out Romney on the insinuation that his campaign has rejected lobbyists, which he clearly is making when he says that 'lobbyists don't run my campaign.' It is fine to point out the close relationships of the Romney campaign to some lobbyists. Good.

But it is irresponsible journalism to state that he is lying about the actual management of the campaign, especially at an event such as that, where YOUR actions are now the news. That reporter was no longer reporting events, he was creating them and that is a fine line that journalists should avoid. During a question and answer session ask Romney to explain the role of the lobbyist rather than shout across the room like Gundy "That's not true!!!".

11. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

"I don't have lobbyists that are tied to my …"

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who does Kaufman lobby for?

13. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

14. NRH_Horn

NRH_Horn 25+ Posts

He was in Staples - he should have hit the easy button.

15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Who does Ron Kaufman lobby for? is he a registered DC lobbyist?