Respect Building

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevo5, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

So I live in NYC. I've been here for about 6 years. I wear a TX hat everyday. Never graduate right?

Anyway..I usually get one person a month maybe who stops me and says "go horns" "hook 'em" whatever.

Today is my first day back from the game and I go into the city. I had three different people stop me and say something. "texas almost had 'em..tough break." "Go horns." whatever.

That's pretty amazing considering NY'ers don't talk to each other at all.

I'd say that we earned some respect with the way we played...and I like that.

2. hookem1962

hookem1962 250+ Posts

3. Lake_Travis_Horn

Lake_Travis_Horn 500+ Posts

I was in Philadelphia Thursday and watched the game at a sports bar there. The sentiment early in the game was about 70-30 pro Bama. In the 4th quarter, almost everyone was yelling for the comeback. Afterwards, people had a lot of good things to say about Texas. They were impressed at how we fought back and how our D held them in the 2nd half.

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

It helps when people actually get to see for themselves. The SEC and its backers in the media can shout as long and loud as they want about how much more physical the SEC is, and how Texas just couldn't match up against their power, but people who watched I think saw a different story.

5. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Got lots of wellwishes and generally positive comments both before and after the game from locals out in Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, LA, and Phoenix.

6. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

7. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts