Rights of same-sex couples

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by mouthpiece, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mouthpiece

mouthpiece < 25 Posts

I am a lawyer. My office is located in Austin.

Some time ago, there was a discussion on this site about gay marriage. If my memory is not failing me, I think that someone made a post that included a link to a list of rights that married couples have, solely because of the fact that they are married under law.

Is there a lawyer in Texas who specializes in putting together a package of contracts that same sex (unmarried) couples can sign, so that they give each other the same rights that married spouses have.

Thank you.

2. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

I'm also a lawyer, in Austin.

While I'm not gay, my partner is (that joke never gets old), and we do a lot of work like that.

3. mouthpiece

mouthpiece < 25 Posts

I sent you a pm, but I'm not sure it went through. My e-mail address is bruce@1411west.com.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

5. mouthpiece

mouthpiece < 25 Posts

That is my real name, and I am trying to find this information for a client. I'm not gay (not that...oh, you know the rest).

6. EasternHorn

EasternHorn 500+ Posts

The Human Rights Campaign website (hrc.org) has lots of information in this area.

This link from that website marriage issues might help you. It lists the rights of married people and provides forms for partnership and healthcare issues.