Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I'm guessing the mayors of these cities where rioters have free rein are giving orders to stand down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That’s why the sheriff model is the better way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Laws need to be passed that allow citizens to hold government leaders responsible losses when they have their police stand down.

Everyone that dies on the street because of rioting is blood on the hands of local leaders that don't enforce the law.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Damn momma! I'd give up sex for a year just to see the look on Lemon's face after she said that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

6. horninchicago

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  7. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Man bites dog

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Heard the real story on Breonna Taylor today. The media described her as an innocent EMT. Actually, she and her boyfriend were big time drug dealers. When the police arrived and announced themselves, her boyfriend shot one police officer in the leg. The police shot back and killed her.
    The NBA refused to play today due to Jacob Blake’s death. He sexually assaulted a 15 year old girl. If anything, the NBA is hurting the cause they purport to support. Idiots.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Some of the vids seem to show the 17 yo was attacked and shot in self defense.
    Who knows right now?
    Hopefully the entire story will come out soon

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  11. horninchicago

He's a hero to the Black Community!

12. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

That was one of the most ill-advised interpretations of the constitution. Burning the flag should have never been allowed.

• poop poop x 1
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

iis
    I can't read it. It wants me to sign up
    Can you summarize ?

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Weird. I clicked the link and went straight to the article. Sorry.

Basically, her boyfriend was a drug dealer. Drugs were being delivered to her apartment. When they tried to serve the warrant, a police officer was shot in the leg prior to any police shots. She was on the couch when they started defending themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

Fake News. Come on, you know the racist police just hunt down innocent black people for no reason.

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This kid is a dumbass for being there, and his parents are crap for letting him be there. However, in this new normal in which police don't stop violence in Democratic cities because of political motivations, you're going to see vigilantism. And frankly, I think an organized militia would be appropriate. However, a lone gunman out shooting people is the wrong approach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

They claim they did. Witnesses do not corroborate this. I'm not inclined to believe the police report filed by the officers on the scene when they lied on the report in other ways. Also see the Laquan McDonald case. Also, why specifically ask for a no-knock warrant if your plan is to knock and yell "police" and then wait for a response? That simply doesn't add up.

Also, the standard for "announcing themselves" is pathetically low. They can do or say anything, even if it's unintelligible to someone who is on the other side of, say, a door that is getting bashed in, and claim it as announcing themselves, and then use any sort of defensive or panicked behavior on the part of someone inside as carte blanche.

But from the way he tells it, he fired his gun after the place was broken into by intruders. I don't know for sure he's right, but it's certainly believable. It was believable enough that Kentucky prosecutors dismissed all charges against him based on reasonable self-defense.

And even if he wasn't right, it doesn't explain why an unarmed bystander was shot eight times. It was clearly a case of negligent discharge of weapons by police given that one man shot blindly into the place from the outside and another fired multiple bullets into adjacent apartments; even their own superiors agreed with that assessment.

Allegedly. The Postal Inspector said nothing suspicious had been delivered. No traces of drugs were found in the apartment. Neither Taylor nor her boyfriend had any criminal history.

But if were going to talk about alleged crimes involving drugs, we should mention that one of the officers who killed Breonna already was under investigation under suspicion of planting drugs. And also had multiple women accuse him of sexual assault.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Eye,

Wait on the evidence. It's not as clear cut as the Left makes it out to be, but it's not a slam dunk the other way either. If Walker believed that the place was being broken into, then he was justified in firing the gun. Obviously that started the violence.

Remember, everybody who is talking in this case has a reason to lie.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Like Jacob Blake, the MSM is providing a narrative of an innocent person was murdered by the police. If you read anything from them Breonna was an innocent EMT just sitting on her couch when they barged in and killed her.

I’ll wait on the evidence, but I will not blindly listen to CNN destroy our country through false news stories.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How bad would a non peaceful rally look?

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

And Michael Brown was just a big ole friendly bear who was shot for defending himself against police aggression and George Floyd wasn't a drug addict, ex-con dying of a drug overdose.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A well-armed, organized militia

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I hear BLM was grabbing more reparations in Minneapolis last night.

• poop poop x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

When business owners do not rebuild, they will be called racists. But why would you rebuild?

In one of the areas of DC where I lived, there were several empty city blocks in old neighborhoods that were otherwise full of nice brownstones. I always thought it was weird, why would someone put an asphalt parking lot in the middle of a residential area? There were no cars being parked there, no large businesses or offices nearby. They just had trash and what we called 'vagrants' back then. Later I was told that the spaces used to be filled with beautiful brownstones too, but they were burned to the ground in the riots of 1968. Can you imagine? All the decades since, and nothing was rebuilt. Nothing. I thought that was incredible.

Same thing may happen with these cities now. Businesses ended, many forever. Lives ruined. Bankruptcies. Insurance companies soiling themselves. Then vacant lots for decades.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I imagine reasonable everyday black people are as frustrated as we are at what is going on and like us have no idea how to stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't expect you to blindly listen to CNN or back their narratives. However, you're generally a lot more intellectually honest and unbiased than CNN is. I think there's a good chance that this incident is going to be a swearing match on the specifics, and the specifics are everything.

29. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Piecing things together, it appears he shot one and then was chased/beaten and then fired AGAIN. He probably loses the self-defense argument when he commenced the incident upon which self-defense was based.

I still believe the feds should take over the case...crossing the State line, even though it was only a 20 mile drive, gave them jurisdiction.

What is appalling is how the extensive presence of Blue Lives Matter materials on his social media makes him a 'racist.' In each of the instances where someone had claimed his pages were filled with racist stuff, they always point to his support of law enforcement through various images including the badges with black tape...

When you read between the lines, and given his prior involvement with local police youth programs, it seems like the kid had good intentions when Kenosha police chose to do nothing to protect the community but went horribly off the rails and has now screwed up the rest of his life.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No doubt. That's always one of the great untold stories of crime in America.

• Agree Agree x 1