Riots in Minneapolis

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Crockett, May 27, 2020.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Not saying it is the case here, but the USPS is NOT the only means by which drugs have been shipped across the country or even within the State by involved persons. I see the various overnight carriers used far more frequently when such claims are included in the offense reports. I even know people who live on one coast but fly to a different coast where pot is legal...they load up and ship it home, albeit to a cut-out address in an attempt to mitigate the risk (I refrain from telling them it really doesn't give them much additional protection from forfeitures).

And the lack of criminal history means little. I've seen MANY cases through my career where people had made literally millions of dollars in the dope trade before they finally got caught on any manner of offense. Every person has no criminal history until they get that first case...

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

For the 62 survivors who walked away from this landing, as we say in aviation, it was a good landing. So, not a completely inaccurate CNN headline there.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. horninchicago

They are also running wild with the 17 year old "vigilante" vs calling the rioters and looters what they really are. It's Sandmann all over again. He shot some poor peaceful protesters.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

iis, they always say the people they murder are drug dealers. Unless I see material evidence of that I don't believe it AT ALL. That is called CYA 1.0.

7. horninchicago

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How about no federal bailouts either?
    Another reason they are so desperate to help Biden. They know he will bail them out

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is one of Sandman's attys

• Like Like x 2
  10. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Do you think Lin is sincere about desire to defend Rittenhouse or merely opportunistic to get publicity and continue to stir the pot?

11. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

That's going to be a tough defense. Yes, they were chasing him & he has the right to defend himself, but he armed himself and then drove 40 miles to get into the fray. It's not like he was defending his property. He went looking for trouble and found it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. horninchicago

Yet, rioters and looters are being released quickly and will seemingly suffer far less consequence than this kid will.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

SOB
    Does it matter? Do you think he will not give his all to defend the kid because he might be seeking publicity?

14. horninchicago

Exactly. If he doesn't give his all and loses, that would bring bad publicity. So, why wouldn't he give his all? It's a ludicrous and subjective question.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It can be both. That’s why capitalism works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I don’t disagree but I think both sides are selective as to when they apply that principle.

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

He was defending himself. One guy he shot was about to shoot him. Not sure about the other guy. This guy is going to walk.

• Like Like x 1
  18. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

He doesn’t walk. He showed up miles from his home with a weapon. While he might think he was in the right, he wasn’t.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

He had attended a public safety cadet program where he received firearm training.
    He went to Kenosha to defend property being destroyed by the rioters
    Perhaps not the wisest decision but understandable watching the police let businesses get destroyed.
    Certainly his motives were better than those who travelled there to destroy.
    Charges should be brought
    And charges should be brought against the rioters who are destroying

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Well, the police didn't detain him. Is he being charged with something?

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I support what Lin is doing, but unless he's doing this for free (which is possible), this kinda smells like barratry.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is true, and I think he showed bad judgment by showing up. Furthermore, his parents showed even worse judgment by letting him go. One kid (even if well-armed and trained) showing up to take on an angry mob and a police force unwilling to enforce the laws is certainly asking for trouble. However, what's really going to matter is what was happening incident to the shooting. Why did he fire his gun? Was he defending himself from being attacked, or was he just shooting at protesters who weren't threatening him?

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think Wood is a first amendment lawyer. The guy needs a crim defense atty. Wood was just trying to organize a fund for him and see that he got good representation.

24. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Don’t know about the first guy he shot, but I saw a photo of the kid on the ground and a guy hitting him in the neck with a skateboard. That was the second person he shot. Bad choices all around.

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There were other armed civilians there protecting property from the thugs. He was not the only one. Some reporter said he was on his way to join the others when he got surrounded.
    I think there is an earlier vid of police handing him water.
    From what I have seen he was not agitating.
    Was it foolish of him? Probably
    We don't even know if his parents knew he went there.
    The facts will come out

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  26. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The United States needs statesmen like this.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I hope that goes super viral.
    It won't change the thugs minds but it might get more reasonable people to act and demand the Dem mayors and Govs to back law and Order.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Being good with civil work and with getting headlines or other media coverage does NOT mean one is equally good at securing the freedom of a client with a pending slew of felony charges...

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts