RIP Jermy Lusk FMX

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Texas_Rocks, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

Wow! Jermy Lusk, Freestyle Motocross rider, died from injuries sustained during a competition in Costa Rica after failing to complete one of the harder back flips you'll ever see on a motorcycle. Terrible news.

Jeremy Lusk RIP

2. ron burgandy

ron burgandy 25+ Posts

Very sad to hear.

RIP Jeremy. [​IMG]

3. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

This is sad news. RIP Jeremy. [​IMG]

4. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

That is terrible news. Prayers for his family and friends.

The article says that the crash was similar to one he had in 2007. Not even close. You can youtube both. In the 07 crash he rolled over like a summersault. This crash was one of the worst thing I have ever seen in sports and I have seen a lot of crash videos.

RIP Jeremy.

5. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

6. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Can't believe more people aren't seriously hurt or killed. How do these guys practice these stunts in a safe manner? Or do they?

7. Texas_Rocks

Texas_Rocks 500+ Posts

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

OMG, that is horrible. I gotta say that everytime I watch these type of events on TV I cringe b/c it is just so damned scary of possibillities like this.

That guy went for it all though. You can say that about him.

9. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

OMG, I just watched the video and that was absolutely horrible the way the show kept showing the slow mo replays and cut to what I believe is his girlfriend or wife. They seemed to have little concern for the guy's health and seemed to be laughing a bit. Absolutely horrible. And that is the announcer's voice that I recognize from usually covering these events.

10. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

absolute respect for these guys. although this may have been the first death in competion, that i know of, these guys are a walking triage unit. the list of injuries from any rider would shock any sane person. but yet they continue to put it all on the line. much respect.

i remember watching the new years tv special when i forget his name was jumping on top of the arch de triumphe in vegas. i jokingly egged my wife to watch telling her that we're about to see someone die on live tv. after watching the video of this, i regret that comment. i never want to see anyone die, period.