Road Rage

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by mcbrett, Oct 31, 2011.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Trucker has to use a much greater percentage of their vehicle's engine capacity to maintain speed, especially with different curves and terrain. I used to drive an underpowered hay truck that had a smaller engine than the Old Cutlass I took home after work. When I was driving down a hill, I'd go like hell, just so I could still be doing 45 when I topped the next hill. Not as extreme at the effort ratio on a bicycle, but a lot different than in passenger cars, pickups, even minivans. So in a truck I'd get a little more pissed off at the arrogant airhead driving 55 in the left lane.

3. ctrl+alt+del

ctrl+alt+del 500+ Posts

I've never in my life seen more immature drivers than in Dallas. Probably the same reason you cannot drive from Collin County to downtown and back on any weekday without seeing at least 3 wrecks. We have twice the traffic on I-5 here in Orange County and I see a wreck about every 2 weeks. I just don't see much road rage at all here compared to what I saw back in Dallas.

4. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

5. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Admittedly, I have it. Upside-down horns decal brings out the worst in me. Like to get beside them and keep them from getting to their off ramps on freeways.