Roger Clemens on 60 minutes--UPDATE

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Bottom Line, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

2. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Looks like Roger is going to come out fighting. I doubt that he will convince many of the ones who have already convicted him, but it will be interesting to see what his defense is.

3. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

4. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

5. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

6. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

7. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

8. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

9. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

10. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

11. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

12. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

Mitchell said that he gave every player named an opportunity to meet with him/committee. I don't know why Clemens did nothing especially after the LA Times article came out. I'm sure we'll hear why next week.

BL

13. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

I am getting that from the face he admitted taking the Clear & the Cream, which are now known to have been steroids. I also know that he said he did not know they were steroids. So my questions with Barry were always whether he knowingly took them or not.

Roger Clemens has been proven innocent in the LA Times story, Barry has never been proven innocent, if that is possible. So no, it is not a double standard.

I still do not know for a fact that Bonds knowingly took steroids. None of you do either.

14. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

15. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

16. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

17. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

The Link

18. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

Clemens has to know the first reaction will be that Palmero said he was taking B12 when he tested positive for roids. Even if he's telling the truth, comparisons will be made....right or wrong.

Unfortunately, this isn't going away for a while.

BL

19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

They even had an answer as to why Clemens didn't immediately come out with his refute. The lawyers claim THEY told him to wait.

If that is true, why would he be taking advice from lawyers rather than PR people?

What little we've heard so far from the Clemen's camp doesn't make much sense.

20. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

21. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

22. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

Explain how a shot of Lidocaine in the *** will help joints? Won't that just give you a numb ***?

Explain how a shot of B-12 in the *** will help joints. B12 has little to no effect on joints, except that it helps make red blood cells and synthesize DNA. I could buy "I feel better overall".

Why, if you're afraid of needles (as you stated) would you take a B-12 shot instead of taking it orally - like eating meat or putting a lozenge under your tongue (gets to blood system faster than through stomach). I might buy "Roger doesn't absorb B12 orally".

What I don't buy is that a dude that has apparently shot up a bunch of MLBers with steroids and HGH didn't shoot Roger with steroids or HGH, as he said he did, and doesn't know the difference between performance enhancers and local anesthetics.

I don't care, either. If my son can get many 8 figure deals for taking HGH, I'll be right there next to him. We'll be two well built, rich mofos lying about our performance enhancement. I'm not saying I'd suggest it, but I wouldn't recommend against it.

Hell, for my 50th birthday, I'm getting me some HGH therapy... My son will 15 going on 16 then... he shouldn't need any type of performance enhancer at that age, as he should be producing all he can use and then some.

Why is this a big deal other than "it's cheating" and "it's illegal?" People cheat and do illegal stuff every day. Imagine a guy with a corked-bat driving home after a game followed by a few shots of patron... nobody would care.

23. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

24. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

I wonder if he will forget to speak English. On a positive side, Congress never went after Palmeiro so maybe he'll still try and lie his way out of it.

25. Bottom Line

Bottom Line 250+ Posts

They didn't go after Palmerio, but has the guy been seen alive since the hot drug test?....he had a future in a front office somewhere, but he disappeared faster then Olivia Newton's boyfriend!

BL

26. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

I thought about it after I posted my snark. I wonder if Andy Pettitt and others will actually testify? Getting you on the record with a lie is the way they hang you.

It was just one time at band camp...

27. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts