Saban Says Keilan Robinson Would Be "Playing Alot at Bama"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 19, 2021.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Welcome to the $EC.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

NR,

Not a criticism, but schools "offer" over 200 (some 400) a year. There is "an offer" and then there is "an offer". I think Texas gave out something like 235 of the former last year. Jackie Sherrill was King of the Withdrawals. Sorry for the kid, but it happens at all the large programs.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Kielan to me looked like one of the best players on the field today either team and a guy that needs to see the field more.
    How/where? I don't know...but get him some touches as a flanker, second back, or something. Very decisive and very very fast

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

His TD was a beauty. He faked the LB who was lurking behind the DL that was being blocked by an OL. Basically KR was thinking next level when he was getting past the first level.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I hear you Sabre, but the kids verbal commitment was pulled 24 hours before signing day- one that had been committed for eel over a year.
    I get the number of offers and that they are non binding , but was surprised to hear the kid was completely blindsided the day before signing day.
    I do defer to your knowledge. Just that I’ve never seen that with UT.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

When Jackie was at A&M, I had family friends whose son wasn't really tall enough, but he was a really good OL. His best friend was top 10 in America that year. Jackie promised them they could room together, as well as getting the other kid's girlfriend an academic scholarship and preferred dorm room. A couple of my Aggie friends warned me that Jackie was going to pull the plug on their son. I debated long and hard about telling them, but figured they would get mad and say it was sour grapes. The kids arrived for fall practice and as they were preparing to move their stuff into a room, Jackie told my friend's kid that they didn't have room for him, no room, no scholarship, no walkon.

7. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

If we could get some more first downs there would be more opportunities for Offensive players and offensive creativity

• Like Like x 2
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

maybe Nick doesn't like that a player chose Sark over him