Sagrain Ratings out.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by fore!, Aug 27, 2010.

1. fore!

fore! 25+ Posts

For what its worth:

1. Florida
    2. Texas
    3. Alabama
    4. USC
    5. Oklahoma
    6. Ohio St.
    7. Virginia Tech
    8. LSU
    9. TCU
    10. Penn St.

2. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Most interesting...

[​IMG]

Just took note to see that Boise St. didn't make the top 10. Hmmm...

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Surprised to get that much love from Sangria.

4. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Or Sagarin.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

His early rankings don't really mean anything though.

6. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

I agree with most of the list. The one I dont get is VT. How many times do they need to start in the top 10 and finish 15 spots lower for people to quit picking them?

7. Longhorn01

Longhorn01 500+ Posts

shouldn't his preseason ranking just be an alphabetical listing of the teams and everyone is tied for first place.

9. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

USC #4? Not sure if he's oiled his computer since 2008. I expect USC to improve from last yr, but I thought Sags rankings started off heavily weighted from last yr. Each week last yrs strength is diminished in value. So how is USC (and LSU) this high?

10. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

I'm pleased to see no Boise or Nebraska. Now if he could just get rid of TCU.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Well, these aren't his real rankings. The BCS won't let his use the rankings that he says are the most accurate.

And his ranking system is much better than most of the rest of the computer formulas the BCS uses. 2 or 3 of them are downright horrible. One of them even grants preseason ranking bonus points at the start of the year that never diminish - even at the end of the year after the formula is applied to all the different games that were played, then each's team bonus preseason points are added on to get the final tally.

12. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Stat:

If you read the explanations of his rankings he talks about his and then the two he combines for the BCS. They are all listed with disclaimers until later in the season.