Saw 'The Grey'

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by mcbrett, Feb 10, 2012.

1. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

It's similar to other movies where a man or men are left to survive on their own in the middle of nowhere- however in this movie you could become dog food and you were allowed small bits of tools you could salvage from a plane crash.

I found the end very wanting- it did not leave me satisfied. Although I appreciate much of the character development that is often lacking in most of these films- it's hard not to sit there and constantly question the tactics of the characters.

The wolves in this movie were quite the killers. In reality, I've been jumped by a dog once or twice and I never really found them intimidating at all. You make your hands a fist so they can't bite any fingers, don't present them any limbs to bite- and stick with the strengths we have over dogs which are muscle strength, brains and tools. The guys in the movie were trying to outrun dogs at times and claimed the dogs wanted revenge when they managed to kill one of them. Really??

I don't want to be a debbie downer- it overall was good. When you look at a map of the world you sometimes wonder what its like in all that white space on the northern side of Canada- well, this movie helps answer that question and what survival would be like.

I give it 4 out of 5 jalapenos, just think it could have been 5 with some polishing.