SD radio guy fired for goofing on Andrea LLoyd

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BigWill, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

The Link

And yes, his broadcast partner was "that" Billy Ray Smith.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like the firing has been coming for some time. Obviously, he has never met Andrea. Good for the station management who are probably hoping they don't get sued.

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

What do you mean by "that" Billy Ray Smith? I know of his dad thanks to having a father who grew up as a Dallas Cowboys fan, but don't really know anything about Billy Ray Smith Jr.

4. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

Uhh. He's a UIL top 100 all-timer from Plano and was a total badass at arky (two time All American) and had a terrific NFL career.

I guess you didn't follow the SWC too closely. He was a terrific player in college, and a fine professional.

5. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I would love to hear the context of the remarks, I have often referred to young women on my teams or those of the opposing as "beasts" and its not at all disrespectful. Quite the opposite in fact. I hope this was justified and not continued fall out from Imus' rutgers remarks a few years ago. Anyone actually hear what was said in context?

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

7. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

I mentioned it because I assumed there would be folks with whom the name would ring a bell, but that they hadn't heard of him or thought of him in 20 plus years.

He married a TV anchorwoman (think Nancy Dribble) when he was with the Chargers. She's still on TV news here locally.

8. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

in re: context

9. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely deserved to lose his job. No two ways about it! Thank you for providing the context

10. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

if anybody gives a rats ***, here's BR and wifey

[​IMG]