SEC Football LSU-MSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns2005, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Horns2005

Horns2005 250+ Posts

I don't get why this is such premium football. 3 minutes left, 3 timeouts, down by two scores, and Miss State runs the ball 3 times, and ends the game with all 3 timeouts. I get that LSU has a good defense and all, but how is giving up with 3 minutes good football?

2. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Yawn. Turn out the lights when you leave.

3. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I watched the game. State had almost no offence. They tried two quaterbacks. Flags flew all over the field stopping drive after drive for both teams. I think state just threw in the towel. The chance of scoring at all were about zero.

4. reyhorn

reyhorn 100+ Posts

That was a pathetic game and showed that there are lots of teams out there that would be able to handle LSU quite easily.

5. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

SEC is the best football conference, no doubt, but boy many of their games are tough to watch.
    I've seen more exciting soccer games.

7. Touchdown

Touchdown 100+ Posts

Those few of us left that value basic football enjoyed the game. LSU didn't salt away that game from a damn good MSU team until the 4th qtr.

Pretty good for a team that lost its two best players the week before the season began.

Were you bored with LSU's dismantling of exciting Oregon? Those fancy games like Baylor/TCU may be exciting but they will not beat the teams with even a so so defense.

Defense is much more exciting to me then offense, especially when played at the level of last nights game.

8. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Same story 10th verse. If you can throw the ball down the field, any above average team can beat any team in the SEC.

That Craig James quote - the SEC West is the strongest division in College football was ESPN pimping their investment.

9. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Thats true Touchdown. I wait with great anticipation when our defense plays at a championship level. Hopefully Saturday although I have no complaints so far. [​IMG]

10. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

That's right, I'm going with a "mark it down"... 5 years from now SEC is not the dominant football conference. Other conferences are getting better by luring quality programs and the SEC is getting aggy. Saban will have moved on and who knows what will happen with WM at Fla.
    Miss St. lost to BYU and were very much in this game.

11. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

^^BYU played Ole Miss, but your prediction is duly noted.

12. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Defensively I saw a lot of size and speed. The lsu D really comes off the ball and attacks. lsu was missing some starters as well, they will be tough to beat this year.

13. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

watching the lsu defense last night was one of the most entertaining things ive watched in a while. The reason MSU looked like crap is because they were playing against the best defense ive seen in a few years. MSU has a good rushing attack. They would probably put up about 200+ against us. LSU was playing a nickel defense and was shutting them down at the line. LSU squashed a very potent Oregon offense as well.

Most of you should probably stick to watching Pac-12 or Conf-USA football.

14. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

If you think Jordan Jefferson is one of LSU's 2 best best players...then you are ******* crazy

15. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

16. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I disagree. They would probably beat byu by 3 or more td's

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Ofcourse, all of this is speculation.

19. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I am not waiving my right for litigation.

20. TEASIP84

TEASIP84 500+ Posts

21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

^^ This

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I think Eric was trying to type =/= which is "not equal to".

25. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

May I suggest Notre Dame or any Big East game (except their annual *** kicking in a BCS bowl) to those who don't appreciate good defenses.

By the way, RichRod turned Michigan into just another Big East team, look how well that turned out.

By the way, Brian Kelly is just another Big East coach who is clueless about defense. Look how different Notre Dame is than under Chas. Weiss.

26. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

Mississippi State scored 59 against Memphis and 34 against Auburn, both on the road. They have a good offense. LSU is simply a freakish D, so is Alabama's. Virtually every starter on D for both of those teams will play on Sundays.

I also wouldn't say you can just "throw downfield" on LSU. If your QB doesn't get killed, LSU has fast and extremely physical DB's like Mathieu are as good as anyone in the country.

I'm an Aggie and I understand just what a jump in weight class it is to the SEC over any other conference, especially at the top end. It's not just a fad either. The SEC has by far the best coaches overall, best facilities, and most importantly the most fertile recruiting grounds. Blow it off if you wish but it is not a coincidence that they have won the last 5 NC's.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

Wait what, was there actually anybody here trying to say that Ole Miss was fit to do anything more on a football field than cower and lick Miss State's cleats?