SEC, UT, OU, ATM hypothetical…

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by wewokahorn, Jun 16, 2010.

1. wewokahorn

wewokahorn 250+ Posts

Little to no chance it would ever happen, but assume the SEC had the choice of any two of these three universities, with the stipulation that the odd man out would never be invited to the SEC. It’s a given that Texas would be one of the two chosen; the other is?

And where would the jilted party call home?

2. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

operating in a vacuum, they would almost certainly take OU and texas.

A&M would likely end up in the big east or perhaps the pac-10.

however there might be pressure to take OSU with OU, in which case they'd take the texas market completely by taking A&M and texas.

3. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

I was born in the deep south (La.) and live there until I was in middle school. I have no desire for Texas to be associated w/ that part of the country in an official capacity. Let A&M go if they so choose, hell, E. Texas is pretty much indistinguishable from Louisiana anyway.

4. Touchdown

Touchdown 100+ Posts

ha ha I'm just the reverse. I lived in Texas forever and have been in Louisiana since 1990. I love nothing better than SEC football and their fans.

There is no doubt that UT and the SEC would be worlds apart politically and socially but I ignore all of that and just love football. The thought of playing Florida, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Ole Miss and Arkansas fueled my enthusiam. Throw in a badass conference title game and this was a fanatics dream.

Attending LSU games for the last 20 years has been similar to the Aggies. In the early 90's they were nothing. They had an occasional hit game and then Saban arrived and Bingo. BTW, they are already slipping. UT would dominate that team.

I know UT will never reverse stream now and join the SEC but as one who hates playing non conference directionals that are over after 12 minutes of play I can dream.

5. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

FIFY:

they would certainly prefer Texas and OU.

A&M would likely end up in the SEC because Texas would take them along.