SEC votes Yes

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by FBTxEx, Sep 6, 2011.

1. FBTxEx

FBTxEx 25+ Posts

....by a 10-2 margin. What's our next move, if any?

2. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

3. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

This afternoon, the boys on Austin's ESPN radio show, Geoff and Chad, on 104.9 fm... said it was important it be a unanimous decision, as who wants to be the ones voting no.

Not saying I agree with that, just saying.

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I agree with the goose.

Aggy is gone. It's time to get the party started!

5. SBC Horn

SBC Horn 100+ Posts

I'd say....a cold beer?

6. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

Texas Fight!
    Texas Fight!
    AND ITS GOODBYE TO A&M!

7. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I'd like to tip my hat to a fraternity of coaches:

Darrell Royal, Texas
    Abe Martin, TCU
    Jess Neely, Rice
    Emory Bellard, A&M
    Frank Broyles, Arkansas
    Grant Teaff, Baylor
    Steve Sloan, Texas Tech
    Ron Meyer, SMU
    Bill Yoeman, Houston

To a radio announcer: Kern Tips

To sports writers:
    Blackie Sherrod
    Mickie Herskowitz
    Dan Jenkins
    Dave Campbell

To all the players, coaches and fans who gave us the fantastic era of memorable football in the Southwest Conference.

"Turn out the lights, the party's over..." [​IMG]

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

LOL at the aggies for thinking going to the SEC will end their penis envy. [​IMG]

9. Puerto Aransas

Puerto Aransas 100+ Posts

I actually wish them the best, many family members and friends are Ags (none of which are the texags type). I'm from the SWC days so I may be numb to the changes these days. No doubt we'll land on our feet, see ya in Austin for BYU.

10. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Aggy begone. [​IMG]

Don't let the door hit your *** on the way out, ags.

Here's to an endless stream of 8-4 seasons (in a good year) and watching you lose recruiting battles to Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida and others for the players in our state that Texas didn't already take.

Looking forward to another decade of your national irrelevance.

11. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

Per OrangeBloods it seems like SEC won't take them unless they can guarantee not to be sued by Big12 Schools... Sounds like Baylor has some power to me...

So does this mean that if a Big12 school sues the SEC, then ATM would hate that school... AND the SEC for having that contingency????

12. trod24

trod24 100+ Posts

Stipulation is with a no litigation clause...hence aggie has to somehow convince NO Big 12 school to sue.

I don't see that happening. Especially now that the realignment argument has come into play once again...the smaller schools now have a way to secure a future for a little while. Can anyone say Baylor? Plus, Okie Lite has some serious pull as well.

Let the games begin!

13. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

Sorry aggy.

Advantage Baylor

14. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

And the worm turns....
    This is like a soap opera. I'm fixin' to make some popcorn.

15. Puerto Aransas

Puerto Aransas 100+ Posts

Where does Baylor's sense of entitlement come from? Seriously? Let's break this **** up. TCU never sued.

16. dusthorn

dusthorn 25+ Posts

I may be missing something here, but Chip said

17. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I was not aware the Big 12 schools could sue regardless of posture by the Big 12 itself, from the direction of the conference office. But it makes sense that the conference is just the schools... individually, but combined. Each school would have the right to protect it's interest.

The odd-angle Conspiracy Theory would have OU making waves at the time they have done so, purely to rile up a program like Baylor to take action

Now it's hard to imagine Baylor waiving such rights, not after that eloguent pile of poetry calling for the Big 12 to stay together, put out by Kenneth Starr, the famed lawyer and now President of Baylor (some comments of his were read on the air by 104.9 FM on Tue afternoon). If A&M got hog-tied inside the Big 12, I would imagine you cannot buy a ticket to this season's Big 12 Aggie games for a $1,000.

Also... why would the SEC invite a 13th team? Is it that easy to get the 14th before next season? Thirteen is an unlucky number.

This is nuts.

Can't remember if this was what the guys on 104.9 were reading, but sounding like it. Starr produced this a few weeks back, and then a recent one in the Houston Chronicle positioning Baylor to join any move to West. But this one came first, in a plea for the Big 12... this is the last part of it. Written for the Waco Tribune--Herald: (The Link)

18. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

19. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

Baylor better watch out. aggy might start to hate them as much as they hate the Horns.

Baylor can look forward to being called "ub", or maybe "wine sippers".

aggy might even do a "Bear Claw down" hand sign, or start "cutting Bear's paws off".

If Baylor is REALLY lucky, aggy might start (poorly) constructing things to burn down (in the shape of the Branch Davidian compound, maybe?) in order to symbolize their burning desire to "Beat the Hell outta ub"...

Hey Baylor, welcome to a small taste of what it's like to be TEXAS (you know, without all the championships, and stuff)...

20. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

21. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

22. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Don't let the door hitya
    where the good Lord splitya

So who were the 2 sane votes from?

23. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

do i smell a delicious multi million $ Extortion Pie cooking up in Waco?

24. LoudHorn

LoudHorn 250+ Posts

Baylor already has taken advantage of A&M by urinating upstream of A&M's water supply.

25. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Free at last. Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last! [​IMG]

26. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

27. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

It matters not what the vote was, aggy better start kissing bible aggy's butt.

28. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Thanks, AggieEric, was just about to post to that.. here's the link, Official statement from SEC...

What I did not know until this morning is that this action happened yesterday afternoon before the vote was taken. I thought that was "just talk" into the night. So that was missing, in addition to mis-information that it was 10-2 on the vote and not unanimous, which I certainly expected.

29. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

30. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts