See Ya Jason..............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Dec 23, 2019.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

dont let the door hit you in your no coaching Princeton *** on the way out...............another in a long line of win and you are in no shows by this team with him at the helm. Of course what coach worth his salt is gonna go to Frisco and put up with Jerrah's bullshite.

2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Someone who wants 2-3 million per year and "NFL HC" on their resume.

3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

So what is the over under on Riley? $6.5M?

4. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Stephen A says Meyer might be interested

5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Meyer is on the record saying when Dallas calls, no coach hangs up.

6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Well, talk is cheap. But over the years, Jones has been famous for meddling in coaching matters. JG's base salary of $6.5mil to way too little to be required to put up with Jerruh. A coach with a good resume maybe even a SB win, might listen but why take that job unless the base salary is $15mil if not more?

7. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

for $6.5m, i might even chew on his gizzards a little.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

It doesn't matter who the head coach is - as long as Jerry thinks he knows enough about football to be his own GM, the Cowboys are doomed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

No doubt. I hope he hires Urban Meyer. Why not? The man is a success story and Jerry likes to sign character risks... ok, I'm kidding about the character risks but it's time for a big-time coach.

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Every day since Sunday, I wake up and think: this is the day Jerrah fires Jason... now it's after 2 pm on Thurs. and no news......

:deadhorse:

12. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Jerry indicated he didn't care about the other coaches being interviewed/hired. Watch for him to delay this to the point where Jason (on paper) will be the most qualified coach out there and he'll use this as his excuse. I don't get the delay. Maybe I have a feeble brain but this is virtually unprecedented (save for the time the Texas Rangers fired Don Zimmer back in 1982 then asked him to fill in until they found his replacement).

And if they are negotiating a front office gig for Garrett then that is another huge mistake. Why let the guy walk around and have a voice? He'll clash with Will McClay and the new coach. You don't need that kind of tension. They'd all end up running to Jerry...

Wait... that's it. Create tension/turmoil that he can fix. Ok... got it...

Or maybe Jerry wants McClay to leave because everyone is whispering that McClay built this roster and not Jerry.

13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Watch, he'll get a one year contract to see if he can turn it around. They'll win 9-10 games and lose in the first round of the playoffs so he'll tell everyone he was right and give JG a brand new 5 yr contract.

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

This is like reading a 500-page novel and reading the last chapter after reading the first 300 pages:
    upload_2020-1-3_8-45-22.png

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

So much suspense in Cowboy country. Might be that Jerry, in his dotage, struggles to make a decision on Garrett, and/or wants to have the replacement identified and hired before a definitive decision on Garrett is made. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't named himself as the HC.