Serious Question

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Nov 21, 2021.

1. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Baylor is 9-2 (with a bad loss to TCU. Should be 10-1).

How many current Baylor players were offered a scholarship from UT? What is Baylor's average recruitment star rating (for the last 4 years)?

Just curious.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I went through their classes on Rivals, and the "offer" checkmark was present for a lot of them, but we'll never know how reliable that really is.

This is why it's hard to believe the people who say it's on the players when we're struggling. A team that arguably has like half the high school talent not only beats us but opponents that we struggle against. It's because their coaches put them in a position to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

There's truth in that. But when you have to go to the portal because there's not enough linebackers to field a team...there's definitely some talent shortages.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

The differentiator will always be coaching. As I have opined ad nauseam and will always believe, good talent with great coaching will almost always beat great talent with good coaching.

We have been out-coached in virtually every game against a quality opponent this year. And that, perhaps more than anything else, really troubles me with respect to Sark and the staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

And it really sucks when the guys from the portal do not pan out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Did they at least bring some Dr. Pepper with them?

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Just don't bring Bosworth

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2