Shake Ups In The World Of Sports Media

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by NBHorn7, Apr 27, 2016.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Nessler will probably die before Verne retires though.

Verne Lundquist to be replaced by Brad Nessler, website reports | NOLA.com

I know all you Bayless fans will want to keep up with him, for his keen insight. You know, like the Texans will regret not drafting Manziel. That he would take Tebow over Rodgers late in NFL games, because of Tebow's great success. Maybe him saying he really isn't a Cowboy fan, he just likes their makeup and great team unity.

Will Stephen A. Smith just sit around and scream at himself now? Maybe they can get Paul Finebaum to take his place, he's used sitting for hours and listening to crazy people rant and rave.

Looks like Cowherd will become his personal driver, as part of the deal with Fox.

Source: Skip Bayless Is Leaving ESPN For Fox Sports

2. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

As long as I have a remote and hundreds of viewing alternatives, Skip Bayless at Fox or ESPN is somebody else's problem. Funny thing, Bayless was a terrific columnist 35 years ago and I couldn't wait to read his stuff. He was funny, smart and insightful. Now he makes oodles more money shrilly delivering nonsense.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

FIFY

4. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Crockett you are correct. At the height of Dallas Morning News vs Dallas Times Herald war, his writing was great. But then he became obsessed with Martina's sexuality and that gold digging hack, Judy Nelson. That "scoop" sort of caved in on him when they made it very clear that they were a couple and even after they broke up, Martina paid for college for Judy's two sons. Which then lead to his obsession with Troy's pee-pee and where it had and hadn't been. It all seemed rather odd for an unmarried, 40 year old man to devote so much space to something no one cared about. His many proclamations as to his basketball prowess on a state runner-up basketball team in high school (Yo Skip, I was there, you weren't that good) at Northwest Classen in Oklahoma City, not only got old, they simply weren't true ("I didn't trade arms for hostages", "I did not have sex with that woman"). My only admiration for the guy was when he was still writing locally, every year on him Mother's AA Sobriety "Birthday", his entire article was about her and people getting help for themselves and for others. For that I will still applaud him. One day at a time I am working on 34 years of sobriety and his articles on the subject were painfully honest. However, that is about all I can say good about the guy as a journalist. Skip you will know your ship has sailed when you are doing the Super Bowl Post Game on the Home Shopping Network.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

Skip always had that keen insight like knowing that Steve Walsh should start over Troy Aikman.

Just think how good those Cowboy teams would have been had Walsh started.

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Trent Dilfer rumored to be exiting ESPN over a contract squabble.

7. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

• Like Like x 1
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I read somewhere that Chris Carter has been let go by ESPN. I won't miss him; his entire act was his ego.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

No matter the topic, he always wanted everyone to know that he is in the NFL-HOF. He got old, especially the advice he gave new players to get themselves a "fall guy" to take the rap if they got into trouble. I won't miss that pompous windbag.

• Like Like x 1
  10. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

11. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

12. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Bayless outing Aikman was just another day of douchbaggery in a career full of them. Aikman and Bayless were in the same media market a long time and Aikman and everybody else in Dallas knew Bayless' feined surprise that his remarks were "misinterpreted" fooled no one.