Sharknado!!!

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by djimaplon, Jul 12, 2013.

1. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Enough said!

3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I found this criticism designed to help the Sharknado Producers on another website:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

There seems to be a realism flaw at 00:39 where the chainsaw cuts right through the shark. In the actual event that a shark is flying at you from a tornado into your chainsaw, the weight of the shark would just power through the chainsaw and crush you. Thought they needed to fix this to make it seem more believable.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

To sum it up: A tornado filled with sharks attacking Los Angeles is a good premise -- just be careful to keep it real.

4. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

How do these kinds of movies make it beyond the test screening? What kind of guy puts up the money to produce a movie like this in hopes to get his money back?? This looks awful....beyond awful.

5. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Jumped the shark on this one.

6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Looks better than "Plan 9 From Outer Space".

I haven't seen it, but the CGI shark that swallows the guy with the chainsaw looks pretty decent.

I love how, in the movies, people give their chainsaw one little pull and it fires right up.I need to find one like that because I usually need to take a break after I get the Stihl I use going.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

8. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

From all the comments and coverage it has received the last few days it would seem they got exactly what every movie producer hopes for.

9. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I think Cana is right. I heard abour Sharnado on multiple media outlets, watched the trailer on Youtube and posted about it here. Even mocking attention draws eyeballs and makes money for the movie makers.

10. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

One step closer to the prophecy of Idiocracy.

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

To be followed soon by:

Snakenami!

Crocquake!

Volcanosaurus!

Get your popcorn, kids.

12. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Heard initial title was "Sharks in a Tornado" but the producers didn't want confusion with "Snakes on a Plane".

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

14. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I object to the Plan 9 from Outer Space bashing comment. This is a special effects masterpiece, which will far outlive Sharknado.

15. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Did you know that Sharknado 2 is already in the works and this time it's target is NYC?

They will take Manhattan, the Bronx, and Staten Island too!

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Then they'll take Washington, and Oregon, and then on to DC where they'll take the White House! YEEEARRRRGH!