Shooting at Wisconsin Sikh Temple

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Perham1, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

2. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

3. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

4. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

per?
    how do you get your news?
    6 people were shot and killed by the lunatic
    who was then shot by the police

your attempt at humor really reveals so much about you

6. darius

darius 500+ Posts

Is the Chik-fil-A CEO publicly anti-Sikh? If not, I'm failing to make the connection, Per.

7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Perham is a cock. That's all there is to this.

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

It's a sad situation caused by just another crazy individual.

I'm curious to know who the "person of interest" is the police are looking for. Some dude shows up right after the shooting who the police say was behaving "oddly" then disappears before the cops can question him.

Could it be that someone knew of this dudes intention and didn't stop him?

9. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

It takes a special kind of black hearted low rent douche to take in a tragedy like this and having their first thought be "let me get to the keyboard and score cheap political points with a snarky post aimed at my ideological rivals"

10. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I'm trying to understand the nature of the bigot, determine any similarities.

Is it so off-base to wonder if those who hate gays because they are gay hold similar traits to those who hate Muslims/Sikhs because they are Muslim/Sikh?

Bigotry takes many forms. We currently live in an era where anti-gay bigotry is accepted, even applauded, among certain circles. I don't expect those residing within that circle to comprehend or agree with my search for meaning.

11. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

12. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Oh, I'm sure he loved gays and all things gay.

So there's absolutely no connection between his racial/religious bigotry and anti-gay bigotry....

13. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

14. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

It cannot be "established", or proved.

But it is my contention that most, if not a vast majority of, bigots operate under similar dysfunctional, irrational, and sub-optimal cognitive processes.

One, as we have seen, is their inability to recognize their cognitive flaws.

So, would it be so far off to assume that this bigot also hates gays? I think not.

15. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Sad so sad..... [​IMG]

16. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

mwa has voluntarily provided an excellent example of my thesis on the CFA thread, where he claims that being gay is a "choice".

But he is correct: sad, so sad.