Should i get a KIA?!

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by LAktownhorn, Aug 27, 2010.

1. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

my lease on my audi a6 is up. i am permanently done with audi. their customer service was by far the worst i have ever experienced. the car before the a6 was a toyota 4runner and i really enjoyed it. i think i've been missing that tall suv feeling.

i've been attracted to the new kia sorrento. they look really nice and come with all the bells and whistles. i've been reading up on them and they seem to be getting really great reviews. you guys have any experiences with kia?

2. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

Not a big fan of Kia. I had a Spectra a few years back...was involved in an accident where a car pulled out in front of me...moderate front impact to my Spectra...airbags did not deploy and the car was a total loss. My ex-wife had a Sorento that didn't get anywhere close to the advertised gas mileage. Also, I work in auto claims and generally get a lot of complaints about Kias.

Spend a little more and get a RAV4...you won't be disappointed...besides, you're already familiar with the quality of Toyota.

3. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

We have our second and third Kias and we love them. Never had a wreck in one, though.

We love the economy, both of price and operation, and the warranty is great. I'll never buy anything else, unless I win the Lotto and can get a Jaguar.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I think those are illegal as are most exotic cats like that. I guess if you have enough money you can bypass certain laws. I see you more as a Cougar.

5. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

My wife has had Hyundais the last few years and I really liked both of them. No experience with Kia though.

You are bad loop. I am so ashamed it took me a minute to figure out what the hell you were talking about.

To the OP, please don't talk bad about one of my dream rides. I have yet to see any new Audis I don't drool over.

6. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

So can I have a Tiger elsewhere other than in my pants if I call it a Tigger? Oh, in my gas tank too. Sorry Exxon.

8. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

Tiger in your pants? No wonder Elin left.

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

10. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Double entendre loop, you naughty boy. For a second after I read the post I was getting flattered, then the cold steel slap of reality brought me crashing down to earth

11. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

sorry about hurting your audi dream, but man they are ********. i think audi styling is awesome. everything else... not so much.

starting to get quotes for sorrentos now. they are really inexpensive!

12. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

My brother had an Audi once, and Warren Buffet himself could not have afforded to keep it on the road. It was always in the shop.

13. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

The warranty is great but check up on the qualifications to maintain. On most kias, the timing belt has to be changed at 60k and the labor charges for it are 5+ hours (compared to 3.5 to 4 on most Toyotas). Total estimate I did for a customer was >1500 for a Sorento V6.

The only car I've seen with more labor requirements on the T-belt is a PT Cruiser which is 7....and that does not include evacuating and recharging the a/c.

14. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Before we bought our last car (a Mazda 3) we test drove both Hyundai and Kia cars in the same class (Elantra and whatever the Kia model was). In both cars the interior looked and felt cheap, cheap, cheap. The Mazda cost a little more but the quality of the interior was MUCH better. Plus, they both had timing belts while the Mazda had a timing chain.

I don't know how much that translates up the product line, but there you go.