Should I seek legal help?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by FridayNiteLites, Oct 30, 2012.

1. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

My mortgage company has screwed my account up. They double paid my property taxes last year about this time. When I received my new billing the monthly payment had increased $500+. Of course we spotted the error quickly and called. No fix. We call again, No fix. We call again. No fix. This continues to go on, they tell us they see the error, continue to make your regular mortgage payment. July I get a notice of intent to foreclose since my escrow acct. is short. We call, no fix. Notice to continue foreclosure in two weeks, they will inspect property. I call, PISSED again. They tell me it will be taken care of this time, they see the error. They tell me they have my new taxes and see their error, I call BS and tell them they haven't been assigned yet. This continues to go on, but they stop the foreclosure proceedings and realize they have screwed up. Now I am getting notices that my payments are late. I have the documented records of payment and emails from them stating they received my payments. They are charging me for late pays. My wife is now on high blood pressure medicine because of this and I am at a loss. How about a little guidance from the legal community. thanks

2. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

I can't help you, but I can commiserate. I hate that bs. I hope you can get them back.

3. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Get an attorney to calll them. Hubby tried for a year and literally a hundred hours to get an $80 charge removed from Seton. He got copies of everything from the bank (showing payment) and several times after physically taking them the info had them declare that yes, they would remove it. And yet it still remained on our credit report. It affected our refinancing, but he was stubborn and refused to pay something he had already paid. But finally, about 2 weeks ago, he gave up and sent them a check. Literally the next day we got a refund check for $97.

So don't give up and go after them!

4. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

Definitely need a lawyer. In the meantime, if you have more than 20% equity in your house, you should be able to cancel your escrow account altogether.

5. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

What type of attorney should I use? Real Estate? Thanks for the answers.

6. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Your acct. is not accepting private messages.

Try to fix that & then send me a PM with your Email address.

I know the right folks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

That is ******* bull **** and is collective apathy of the highest order. I'm so pissed and I am completely unaffected by this. Keep us posted.

8. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

This is the criminal law equivalent of sitting in the back of the police car with handcuffs on--yes, you need a lawyer!

I wish I were the right guy to advise you, but yes, you need a lawyer, one who has the actual ability, if needed, to file the suit and obtain the order that fixes this. A simple letter won't do it unless the bank's legal department can see realistically that a lawsuit is at their doorstep.