Smokers being ratted out by housekeeping staff

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Macanudo, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

2. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

The health claim is a little dubious but......

The smoking ban in many hotels has been around for months now. I can check into a hotel room and immediately tell if it was once a smoking room. If the room has not been repainted or the carpeting and drapes replaced, you know it you are in what used to be a "no breathing" zone.

3. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

Good for them. Smoking is disgusting. Follow the rules and people won't have a problem. If you want to smoke, stay at home. Smokers don't have the right to stink up a hotel room.

4. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Do you smoke after ***?
    I don't know-- I've never looked.

No *** at all! [​IMG]

5. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

6. Hagy

Hagy 250+ Posts

7. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

8. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I don't think it's crap at all.

If these jerks agreed to not smoke in their room then they need to keep their word. Or is being found out by the housekeeping staff just too much for these world travelers to bear?

9. skipperj

skipperj 100+ Posts

If I ever get assigned a smoking room on accident, I about gag when I walk in. The smell is so strong. I can see that as a second hand health risk when you spend 3-4 hours a day every day in one of these smoking rooms.

It's vastly different from someone smoking a lot and then going to their room. It would be obvious that's what happened, not someone actually smoking in the room.

10. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts