SNEAK PEEK: michigan state's new locker room. TEXAS is light years behind

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by meadowlark, Jun 4, 2015.

1. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Not sure what I am looking at with MSU.......

3. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Texas' locker rooms aren't too shabby...

Football at least 3 years ago:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basketball back in 2010:
    [​IMG]

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nice but doors (Mich) look like from IKEA to me.

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The UT facilities are not behind anything. MSU has doors from Ikea as @nashhorn noted, ceiling light fixtures from Target, cheesy day-glo fluorescent green floor runner lights, and commercial grade indoor-outdoor carpeting from a discount warehouse somewhere near a minor East Lansing freeway. Hang some fuzzy dice off a rear view mirror up in there and the transformation is complete.

• Like Like x 2
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Dion is spot on. The first time I viewed the photo, I didn't bother to respond. I don't think UT is light years behind, maybe not flashy but not behind. I think TEXAS' looks more classy.

Just a casual observation - look at the distance between the lockers on one side and the other - very narrow for a bunch of big guys dressing out for practice or game day.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  7. snek

snek 500+ Posts

Theirs looks gimmicky, like they are trying too hard. Ours is indeed not behind and truly classic. In fact, ours looks like the Jones'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rantanamo

rantanamo < 25 Posts

ahhh, the self-denial. Like it or not, we're falling behind.

9. snek

snek 500+ Posts

So sayeth you, anon. That does not make it true. I personally am not as impressed with the FroYo looking new facility they have and don't think that it will stay current long. Whereas the one in Texas may have more staying power. I applaud them for trying and it's not ugly.

Wheaties, anon?

• Like Like x 1
  10. snek

snek 500+ Posts

Worster, I think they are double doors on each locker making them larger than what you may be looking at. Sort of like a bathroom medicine cabinet.

[​IMG]

11. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, I can see the width of the locker is a double-wide / 2 door. Look toward the back of the photo - it just looked to me like the lockers and bench across from each other were somewhat narrow to me. Especially for putting a bunch of guys all at one time dressing out. Compare it to UT's locker room - lot's-o-room to dress, sit or even lay down if they choose. Yes, they do lay down at times to relax or get off their feet for a few minutes.

12. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

In what way?

Facilities matter, but if you’re even in the top 10 then you have everything you need in that respect. Recruiting and coaching is what makes champions, and it's too early in the Charlie Strong era to know where we stand.

13. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Rant, exactly who are we falling behind too? Are we supposed to buy a new locker-room every time someone has something new or flashier? Oregon needs those facilities, how else are you going to move from California to Oregon? AM, well enough said.........

You must donate a ton of money to the University to be worried so much about the locker-room........

• Like Like x 1
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Is this thread for real?

• Like Like x 1
  15. snek

snek 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

this one in Boca is actually cooler!!! Imagine the recruits they will get. And they will come away nourished and full of probiotics and stuff.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4