So is it officially bear hunting season now?

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by "Anna hook em", Jan 13, 2016.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Now that they beat kansas rather well, can we officially say its bear hunting season now and bring on sunday?

• Like Like x 5
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely

3. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

When Mulkey splits the back of those tight brown leather pants in Sunday's game, let's all chant "Grin and 'bear it'.....Grin and 'bear it'.....Grin and 'bear it'!!!!

We're gonna get'em in a big way this Sunday!!!!
    Hook'Em.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

:smile1: :hookem:

5. LeoBenz74

LeoBenz74 25+ Posts

I'm very excited about this game driving up from corpus to watch these fine young ladies beat the Bears!!!!! I say it's not even be close imo Horns win by 10+

• Like Like x 1
  6. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

So glad this game is Sunday so I can drive down to see it!! HOOK'EM HORNS!!

Will I be OK walking up to the box office and purchasing 2 tickets and getting decent seats?

7. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Just checked texassports. Aww man only behind the goal seats are available.

8. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Wonder if they will open up the mezzanine since they are so close to selling out the arena.

9. HookedorNot

HookedorNot 25+ Posts

This team is locked and loaded for bear hunting! I have no doubt that our team will get the win over BU. I watched BU and they are just not as good as they had been in previous years. We just cannot come out and play timid or give BU any respect. Respect is earned year to year, so I hope our ladies understanding that they are the best team this year. I'll meet you guys on the other side of the win. No more comments from me until Sunday after the game. Hook'em

• Like Like x 1
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Sadly, yes. Even with Baylor's usual good turnout you should still get good seats. The FEC is a big place.

11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I am so ready for this. Kim was such a poor winner last year because we played a full forty minutes and she expected us to step down after 38. As if when you put your reserves in, you don't want them to get good minutes against good players???? She is a poor winner and even worse when it goes the other way.

And I will never respect her after this:

So happy Empress is coming off a really good game. I hope she can remain focused and finally give Kim the payback she deserves.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I don't think this is good advice if they're not planning on opening up the mezzanine for walk-up business on Sunday. There are only two pockets of reserved tickets in 40 and 45 and it's saying GA seats are now at Medium availability. With walk-up business Sunday we should sell out the arena. If you're planning on going I'd purchase now. I always hate to hear when someone has driven from Corpus, Houston or Dallas and then can't get tickets.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Ok. But we have never come close to a sellout in many, many, many years. That said, no reason not to just buy your tickets on line now if you are coming.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

what on earth were the circumstances of Mulkey's actions? And did anyone ever report what she actually said?

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Longhorn great Tiffany Jackson-Jones will be there - great to see she's well enough to make it.

• Like Like x 5
  16. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

During the Big 12 tournament Baylor was leading UT by 11 points with 2 minutes to go. She pulled her starters but we kept ours in. Afterwards, she said we were "not classy" for leaving the starters in. And I'm sure, there were more sarcastic / petty things she said in that video, but I'm not a good lipreader.

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

In the video she says" watch what you wish for" from sidelines but I am more concerned about what she said in the line. What coach talks smack to students?????

18. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

So sick of her arrogance. And she bosses the refs around. I've seen games where refs are hesitant to call some close fouls. It's one thing to win national championships, but try to do it with some class....like Jody or Pat S.

19. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

is it close to a sell out? I want it to be so loud thàt baylor and coaches wonder what kind of hornets nest did they open when they pissed off texas and the fans:hookem::bevo:

20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Well I hope this year is different, but in recent years the Bears have turned out a huge enough crowd to make some noise of their own. I sincerely hope Longhorn nation turns out in force.

• Like Like x 1
  21. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Re: Dr. D's request to find out how Mulkey behaved last year --- a few other things I recall, in the press conference she said she had learned from the greats (Barmore, Summit) and implied that if the other team are good sports, they do not leave their first team players in when she decided to pull hers out at the end of the game She implied, practically said outright, that Karen was low class, that she was just trying to make the score look better to get a better seed in the tourney. The whole thing only referred to the last minute or minute and half of the game. In effect, she said it is up to her what both teams do --- she called off her dogs, and we should therefore pulls ours out at the same time and quit trying to catch up. She was generally pissed off and who knows what she said to Empress.

22. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It was bizarre to see a coach go after the other coach in a press conference. If we win today, that whole episode will make it doubly sweet.

• Like Like x 1
  23. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Not bizarre at all considering that its' Mulkey. Along with winning (give credit where it's due), inappropriate behavior has been a hallmark of her career. I recall when she went after refs in the same way, and was sanctioned by the NCAA. Not for that incident, but for a "pattern" of similar stunts.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  24. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

Thanks for the reminder of that. Grrrr... HOOK 'EM!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Last year's B12 tourney game was a new low for even Kim in my opinion. You just can't excuse the behavior in this video combined with the press conference remarks...

26. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Although this comes close...

27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

As does this...

28. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

All of this Kim talk doesn't matter. She's not going to be on the court playing.

29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Sure. But it's fun. And we both know she'll be on the court.

• Like Like x 2