So what's in store at QB?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by jayakris, Jan 9, 2015.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

"Texas on the other hand actually wants him as QB because our cupboard of current players is also down to basically one QB (Heard)..."

This is basically where we are. It's a very sober, rational assessment. I hope we can say something different and better next week.

2. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Kai Locksley had a good in-home visit this evening from Jimbo Fisher and co-OC and QB cpach Randy Sanders who went up to Maryland. I hope they haven't seriously shaken the guy. We need him, even if Murray is coming, and definitely need him Murray isn't coming.

If stuff goes haywire, Charlie may need to fly up to Maryland during the weekend for an in-home with Kai, and make sure he flips. We will see.

3. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ Oh, it seems Charlie in-home *is* scheduled for Friday, as Kai Locksley confirmed to seminoles247. Here is what he told them after the in-home today (and it seems Fisher and Sanders watched him play basketball for his school) -- ""But I've been and stayed committed to FSU throughout the process, so I'll leave it at that."

Again, I like how he left that ending piece in there, like "I am saying no more right now".

4. SkeeterMark

SkeeterMark 25+ Posts

Being reported that Kai is gonna stay with FSU?

5. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ No such report that I can find yet. What I said above seems to be still the case. I just checked some Seminole boards too. Fisher did make him a bit happier last night, but there are many advantages in coming to Texas that he can see. Plus, Charlie is a very good friend of his dads', so I will not rule out anything till he talks to Kai;s dad. Now, if Charlie cancels plans, that would be an indication that he has got Kyler Murray in the bag. Otherwise, he will do all he can to flip Kai from FSU.

I have a sneaky suspicion that Kai may like somebody down in Austin. Just putting some 2s and 2s together in... But if I am mistaken on that suspicion (and I really may be), then I will never say how I got that feeling [​IMG]

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Jay,

I respect your sources and the accuracy of your posts. Which Mike Locksley is Strong friends with?

A) Mike "I don't want no old, ugly women in my office. I only want young pretty women. You're fired!" Locksley

B) Mike "it was a disagreement between staff members. I didn't know I beat him so bad he had to stay in the hospital" Locksley

C) Mike "what could I do. they were talking about my coaching ability, so I beat the crap out of one of them in the club" Locksley

D) The good old fashioned Zook Bagman Mike Locksley

E) All of the above

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ The same Mike Locksley. I saw that you have some really serious misgivings and disdain of the guy, and saw nobody else comment, and even searched about him a bit. I never knew much about him. But the google search didn't bring up all that much that showed such utter distaste for him in others though. Saw some stuff about "alleged" cases which never seemed to have been proved, with others saying "just disgruntled employees" etc. I don't know, I didn't dig too deep. If you know the details well, then I defer to you. No, I am not standing up for him or anything, because I don't know. But it surprised me that I did not find that much of dirt on him, to match what you were saying. May be did a bad search. Will try again.

But he was surely a TERRRRRIBLE coach, as a head coach (went virtually winless for some 15 games in a row or something?), though he seems fairly well-respected as a coordinator.

But, everybody who knows him is a friend of Charlie, which is the thing about Charlie. He doesn't seem to care what people are, as long as they are not people he is responsible for, and he goes about doing his thing, dealing with anybody out there and charming them. So, it won't surprise me if Charlie is friends with even axe murderers! Sometimes, people who are confident about how clean they are in their lives, can deal with some nasty folks without worry. Charlie strikes me as that kind, though again, I don't know him either closely....

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Check the three lawsuits in ABQ,

We can discuss after NSD, but they are public record and not pretty.

As an older coach told me as recently as Monday, "can't believe the guy can get a coaching job".

Locksley has however done the impossible - made John Blake look smart.

9. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

As long as he is not becoming a coach here, I am fine though. His son appears to be a very decent guy, so far.

10. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Another monkey-wrench falls into it. It seems FSU's top pick at QB, national top-75 Deondre Francois sent out a tweet today saying he is deommitting. People are puzzled about what's up. His mom says she known nothing. Anyway, the tweet disappeared a little later, so nobody knows now. That would affect Locksley a bit. Apparently he sent a text to horns247 who asked Locksley if that changes things. He said, "Not really. What he does doesn't concern me and never has".

Still this raises the level of nervousness.... Hang on tight. We are entering the twilight zone before NSD...

11. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

seems I read something app 1 1/2 - 2 months ago that said FSU had commits from 5-6 very highly rated qb's for 2015 &16 and one was on the hills of another and was not aware of the earlier commit. ????

12. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

has there been any recent news about Brewer?

13. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

The last thing we saw was that UT wasn't too keen on using a scholly on him (maybe we knew of the Kyler possibility?) ... Anyway, Connor has shown interest and UT is aware, it seems. Maybe once we know of the situation, we could get him in if there is no other option. In fact, if both Locksley and Murray do not happen, I guess we might seriously look at him. But the problem is that he is not the right QB for the changed offense. So I am not sure if he is anymore as good a prospect as he would have been, had we decided to stick to a pure pro-style scheme.

14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I'm guessing if we don't land Kyler or Lockley, then the kid that was suppose to take the grey shirt would be giving a scholarship for this year. I went blank on his name.

15. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

Jumbled mess will soon be clear

16. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

17. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Deondre Francoios tweeted that his twitter was hacked and that he has not decommitted and he is 100% committed to FSU. Phew. We didn't need that confusion for sure!

EDIT: Unsure if this thing is over. FSU guys seem a little concerned because he apparently took entirely too long, like an hour or two before he said he was hacked. Keep an eye out on whether he is up to something with U.Florida. When was the last time we were in any national recruiting to be worried fo anything like this, I wonder.... Dealing with UCLA, FSU, LSU, Auburn, Michigan, Ole Miss... My head hurts.

18. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

I hope Charlie is already in his jet, on the way to Maryland [​IMG]

Need to go get that guy Kai Locksley somehow, now that Kyler Murray is sticking with A&M.

19. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

20. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Yes, Kyler tweeted. I posted in the main page and the Kyler/Lodge thread.

21. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

What a waste of time, eh?

22. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

nah. it's been most interesting.
    thanks for all of your work keeping us updated not only abt km but all of the rest,
    you still have your work cut out for you for the next few days, so stay after it.

[​IMG]

23. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Of course. It has been so much fun. I have probably only got about 3 days worth of work done since Kyler posted that jersey picture. can you believe that was only 8 days ago, when this thread started? Feels like a while year.

Back to regular recruiting. Still have some big fish to fry (or reel in)

24. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

It seems Charlie might have already left for Baltimore, for the in-home with Locksley. I saw somewhere that it is at 11:30 am... Charlie need him. Badly.

25. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Kai Locksley just tweeted this -The Link
    @LOCKSnLOADED_3
    Just wrapped up Texas in home.. now it's decision making time! #NSD15

[​IMG]

Well, when a recruit who is committed to another place clearly says "decision time", it means he is deciding whether to flip. That is a stronger word than normally used by recruits committed to one place but had an OV from a coach. I take it as a positive, for now.

Would have preferred an immediate "decommitting from FSU" though.

Charlie finally looks tired. The man has been all over the place continuously. Was out till late last night, and then had to get up and leave early inn the morning again, to get up to Baltimore. I am sure CS can't wait to get to Wednesday and take a vacation.

Also, note that Watson and Wickline were both there. I don't think Wick has been involved much in the other QB selections of Watson (like Gentry and Merrick). For a Dual Threat QB, it makes sense.

26. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Another curious tweet from Kai Locksley -The Link
    @LOCKSnLOADED_3
    Also, my father has requested that I do not take any interviews for the remainder of my process until I have signed. Thank you!

What could that mean? Guys who are sticking to a commitment usually do not say these kinds of things. Will he flip, or will he not?

Come on down, Kai. We need you. Badly.

27. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Strong is really working these guys. [​IMG]

28. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

FSU guys are begining to give up, after seeing Kai's latest tweets. Here is a random fan's post at a Seminoles board -

"The writing is on the wall. He's a lock at Texas as they have no QB's this year. Sure he has the best upside of the three who verbally committed to us but Henry comes in next year, and he is the rawest so no promises he is going to be the one. I wish him lots of luck and maybe we'll see him down the road during the playoffs."

I liked the respect this dude has for Kai's upside, and also for the last line about meeting Texas in the playoffs. Maybe because I live away from Texas, I always get the feeling that the place where University of Texas is least respected is the state of Texas.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

@Jay - He may mean that he just is tired of the Ketch's of the world calling all the time. It may not be a clue as to where he is going to go; just that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore which is understandable. I'm sure it's stressful to these guys. Even though teenage boys purportedly have no empathy I can say that my son does not like to say no to adults. It's stressful for him and these guys probably want to avoid saying no to someone they respect.

Let me add though that my son has NO PROBLEM saying no to me!

30. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^ Probably not. The Texas recruiting reporters have hardly had much contact with him, and they don't know him closely, as he is not committed to us. The FSU reporters are basically the ones he is shutting himself against. I have only seen a few Texas recruiter articles where they directly quoted him. This is actually good news. Possibly good news, at least. In fact, reporters tend not to call a recruit much to ask if he is going to flip, because you may not even get a reply for that text. But the reporters of the school any recruit is committed to, feel it more ethical and okay to bug them and ask if everything is fine. So this is about the Semnole scribes.

Now, if he is sticking to them, there is no big deal and all he has to do is a simple text "I'm 100% FSU". If he is flipping, then he would rather just talk to Jimbo and get it over with rather than explain things to the reporters. That is my read of it, as of now.