Some Questions Regarding A&M vs UT and Realignment

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Irrelevant, Feb 28, 2019.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

One top five finish since the 1950’s.

2. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The schedule was indeed full, whether or not Dodds said so. While I understand Aggy does not care about breaking commitment to longtime conference associates, UT should not do the dishonorable thing and cancel existing contracts in favor of a team that just took UT off its schedule by switching conferences. Why would UT inconvenience itself and cancel existing contracts for at team that took itself off of UT's schedule?

The only reason Nebraska left was we beat them too much. Nebraska and A&M were part of the rules that led to unequal monetary distribution and both BENEFITTED from them. UT, OU, Nebraska and A&M were the four biggest beneficiaries of the Big XII rules. Nebraska and A&M helped write them! It is hilarious for either to act like they were Iowa State getting screwed or something. Anyway, Texas should not have purposefully lost to Nebraska to make them stay.

I will say, I commend A&M losing games in the Big XII and SEC to keep the important conference mates happy.
    A&M was:
    3-5 against Nebraska;
    3-5 against Colorado;
    5-11 against OU; and
    5-11 against UT in Big XII play.

A&M winning football games certainly did not make anyone leave. On behalf of the former Big XII "Power Four", thank you aggies for your service!

A&M is currently:
    1-6 against LSU; and
    1-6 against Alabama in SEC play.

A&M, so far, has actually done worse against the top programs of the SEC West than it did against the top programs of the Big XII South or even Big XII North.

Not any different than playing Arkansas every year.

What is there to be jealous of? Your home schedule has a high number of games WORSE than Kansas every year. At least 2-3.

A&M SEC Home Schedules;
    2012: Florida L, Arkansas W, LSU L, Missouri W
    Only SEC home wins were against former SWC and Big XII teams
    2013: Alabama L, Auburn L, Vanderbilt W, Mississippi State W
    Only SEC home wins were against Mississippi State and Vanderbilt.. which are no more exciting than Kansas State or Baylor
    2014: Ole Miss L, Missouri L, LSU L
    A&M only played three SEC home games and lost all 3
    2015: Mississippi State W, Alabama L, South Carolina W, Auburn L
    2-2 with wins against Mississippi State and South Carolina which are the equivalent of Kansas State and Texas Tech
    2016: Tennessee W, Ole Miss L, LSU L
    Only 3 SEC home games, but congrats, beating Tennessee is A&M's first exciting SEC home win. Only took 5 years to get. However, when will A&M actually play Tennessee at home again? 2028?
    2017: South Carolina W, Alabama L, Mississippi State L, Auburn L
    Congrats on beating the Texas Tech of the SEC again.
    2018: Kentucky W, Ole Miss W, LSU W
    A&M finally wins all of its home games although two are not against exciting teams (Kentucky aka Kansas of the SEC and Ole Miss which is not a top program unless it is cheating) and A&M used to play LSU regularly long before joining the SEC

A&M only exciting non-conference homes games have been against UCLA and Clemson and A&M went 1-1.

A&M is 12-15 against Power 5 teams at home since joining the SEC woo.

Interestingly enough, UT is 18-15 against Power 5 teams & Notre Dame at home since A&M left for the SEC. UT has not only had more Power 5 home games, but actually has a winning record against them and this includes the Charlie Strong era.

A&M's home schedule has been a** my dude, unless you enjoy losing to SEC teams and beating no-name teams worse than Kansas.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Also a significant portion of their fanbase is uncultured and stupid and some of the "traditions" on display are embarrassingly idiotic, especially to be associated with a major university/institution of learnin'

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Driver
    Are you saying grabbing your genitals while humped over is "uncultured"?
    I guess You just don't understand.:headbang:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yeah, much less the jiz-jar! :puke:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think we ran off our resident aggy. Too bad, he sucked and it was too easy to destroy his arguments.

aggy is now the SEC's problem, they are happy getting their skat pushed in by the best of the best. I say all is right with the world. We are getting the recruits we want and evidently so are they.

My only complaint is we are losing some recruiting battles to Bama LSU and tOSU, hopefully with a couple of great seasons in a row we can win some of those battles.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I like that. Let's lobby to have the next Reveille be a chihuahua.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

This is good! Let the submission of memes begin!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Yo quiero Dixie Chicken

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

reveille.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Scary. Reminds me of a big dead possum I once found in my yard.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

So do most of the aggy I meet.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1