Some Questions Regarding A&M vs UT and Realignment

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Mr. Irrelevant, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

"In the coming season plus future decade the games under contract are:
    LSU, LSU, ARK, ALA, ALA, Mich, tOSU, tOSU, Mich, GA, GA."

These are worthy opponents, but I'd suggest factoring in the recruiting component more in our out of conference scheduling. Louisiana and Georgia are places we recruit--good scheduling there. Arkansas, Alabama, Michigan, and Ohio--not so much. Put a California and/or Arizona team on the schedule each year (as a cupcake, mid-level, or premium team) as those are proven good UT recruiting grounds. Lots of teams to play in Florida as well (at the premium, mid-level, and cupcake grade).

2. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

It has been awhile but I do think Herman and Company have the Horns headed in the right direction and a sound OOC scheduling strategy makes a difference in where the team is at the end of the regular season looking at post season.

The B12 CCG is a reality as is 9 game conference regular season.

Until these change Texas should schedule accordingly to best impact the post season rankings.

Go Horns!

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It is not that aTm left for the SEC but rather the classless, chickenshit manner that they did it. which was pure Aggie. The administration never knew what was going on, and the AD was touring Europe with a women's team. Like Bum Bright, the kidnapping of the school president in the early 90s to prevent him from meeting with the NCAA, the players change but Aggie is still behaving like Aggie has for 3/4 if a century.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For now, and it remains the stupidest thing Bowelsby has done in a career consisting of an incredible number of stupid **** things.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

You probably thought cart McCoy and Radio were funny too until we won a natty and played for another. Keep up with your super original nicknames and we'll just keep on winning crystal footballs. Oh, good luck with your new coach. He'll end up just like the rest of your messiah's and I can't wait until that blank national championship plaque ends up on ebay. Only aggy would present a fake championship plaque....it's comic gold. We all know the only reason some of you gomers want to play Texas is because you love bragging about all the champions you've lost to. Oh so close.....

6. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I've said my piece and then some on
    this subject. All I'll add is beating them is more fun than not playing them. And I wouldn't take them not getting a lot stroger under Fisher to the bank just yet. Let's see in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The basic situation, for whatever reason or reasons, was the result of a decision was made by one party to leave the conference and accept a perceived “better deal” with a different conference, which was not acceptable to the other party. Those decisions were made nearly 9 years ago, and the two schools haven’t played a football game in nearly 8 years. The why’s, how’s, who said or did what’s are no longer relevant. A clean break was made so that we were and are not tied to the aggies, and no requirement exists mandating we play each other in football on an annual basis. State legislators wasting taxpayer dollars and their time proposing legislation to force an annual game is despicable and makes those involved appear foolish, not to mention how effect on the perception of the our state by other states.

The ags made a decision that they believed was good for them as they were entitled to do, we made ours, which we were also entitled to make. Now being in separate conferences for the foreseeable future, the game would mean nothing whereas in the past a loss or win could mean the difference in winning the conference championship for either team. As has been stated multiple times, on this board, we have a primary rival, which is OU, and the annual meeting, in Dallas, which has been played most of the last and all of the current century at the old Cotton Bowl, and is still one of if not the best in college football. Very rarely did the UT-aggy game have any significance, and would have less now.

Over time the ags will cultivate an annual football rivalry with one of the programs in the SEC. Maybe a rivalry with the University of Tennessee would suffice, Tennessee wears a shade of orange. When the aggys win, they would be able to still thump their chests and boast their victory over UT or as they say, "t.u.". With all the illegal moonshine operations in Tennessee, they might even call the Vols “sips”.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Interesting. The administration knew exactly what was going on as there had to be approval from the Board of Regents for the President to request entrance into the SEC. Conference affiliation negotiations are way over an AD's pay grade, so it didn't matter where Byrne was.

Please give me examples of classless, chickenshit things A&M did. I am unaware of such activities.

9. Fan4life

Fan4life 25+ Posts

Know how I know you're a troll?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, for starters, they admitted you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sangre Naranjada

[​IMG]
    For seconds, every sorry sack of crap on your track teams wore their numbers upside down at the Texas Relays. This photo wasn't isolated, and the classless, chickenshit act was clearly done with the approval of your classless, chickenshit aggy administration.

• Winner Winner x 3
  12. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Aggie won halftime.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

If they ran their event like that, I'd let them finish their event, then promptly disqualify them for not have their ID on.

That would stop this crap pretty quickly.

But don't do it before their event. Let them go out and run their little ewe butts off, maybe even finish 1st ---- then DQ them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Don't invite them back.

• Winner Winner x 3
  15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

And :arrow-up: is just one small example.
    For any other school, that would be a WTF?! moment.
    But for aggy, its hardly worth noting, when taken into context of all the other petty, classless stuff they pull. Its so intrinsic in their own culture that no one on the inside even sees it. Even if the rest of the world rolls their eyes.

I think the saying that "from the outside you can't understand it" is wrong.
    We understand aggy better than they do, and we can explain it to boot.

16. Sangre Naranjada

And it wasn't just that one relay team. It was every aggy who competed, which is how you know it had the tacit approval of the athletics, and probably the entire school's administration. f**k them, and the sheep they rode in on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Eew. I didn't know aggy allowed transgenders to run on their female track team. How progressive of them! #anythingforthewin

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Correction. f**k them and the sheep they RODE.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Perfectly stated. Sul Ross St on thanksgiving would hold the same interest to me to be honest

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

As evidenced by the record crowds that attended the rotating TCU/Texas Tech replacement games Dodds set up after A&M left. The butthurt is strong in y'all!

21. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Help me understand... are you saying the A&M administration managed the exit in a classless manner or that the A&M fans were classless during the process or both?

22. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Actually, I attended the UT-A&M games in Austin in 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 & 2010 and those games were not any more full in actual attendance than UT-Tech or UT-TCU. A lot of people do not attend games on Thanksgiving regardless of the opponent. TCU and Tech fans also show up in force the same as aggies do. Attendance dropped in all home games beginning in 2014 due to Charlie Strong's lack of success.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

This is a major problem because you clearly do not know the people involved on your side. If you did, you would not always mention your administration, who was never involved, never has been involved, and certain alums tell when to jump, how high, and when to come down.

As for your president and AD, the people in charge have always used the mushroom theory on them - "keep them in the dark and covered with ****".

That is not a bad thing when dealing with educrats. As I've said often, "Any school that kidnaps its president and stashes him 200+ miles away so he can't meet with the NCAA certainly has my admiration".

24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

25. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

Clearly I do not. So please tell me who the real decision makers were and the classless, chickenshit things they did during the Big12 exit process.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Get to know YOUR players yourself. As a near rabid Aggie, I should think you would want to know whom the players are that have run your school in the past. From your posts, I would doubt you even know who fired Jackie or why he was fired - hint: NCAA was the public excuse not the reason, and again that decision was not made in Brazos County and did not include your administration. (Not a bad thing unless you pull an Auburn. Oh wait, the Aggies did that with Emory, so Auburn copied A&M not the other way around.)

• Like Like x 1
  27. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

I'm trying to get to know them myself... by asking you.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

How about going to a meeting of the board of the Corp or the Twelfth Man Foundation? Have you ever been to an Aggie Club lunch?

Have you ever been to Muster? Not only have I, but I have had the honor of answering for my best friend.

You are not now, nor ever have been an Aggie. Walmart t-shirt fan? Maybe, but not a good one. No self respecting Aggie would ever ask a TexasEx for information about his school. In private conversations between friends, they will joke about things like "kidnappings" and recruiting, battles won and lost, their administration, the NCAA, etc. Openly or blindly, never gonna happen.

With that, my real Aggie friends and I bid you an F O N D farewell.

29. Mr. Irrelevant

Mr. Irrelevant 25+ Posts

So you are unable to back up your claim. Got it.

30. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

SabreHorn’s got more backup for his claims than your trophy case has room for hardware.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2