Sona Stop Snoring Pillow: anybody use this?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by orangecat1, Aug 8, 2012.

1. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

got a groupon in the email about this thing, on sale for $29 + shipping. Does include a pillowcase, which is supposed to cost $10 by itself. Retail is supposed to be $70 + shipping.

Actually mentions in the ad it's supposed to be good for mild sleep apnea. Since I have more severe apnea, but I don't use a mask, I figure anything is better than what I've got.

Wouldnt' that be something if after all this time, a pillow made some major improvements?

2. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

If your spouse puts the pillow over your face and holds for 2 minutes the company promises you will stop snoring.

3. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

yeah, doc, but it's gonna be hard for her to do that from the room across the hall. I've been sleeping in my own room for over a year now. I like it, but I want to see if I can do anything to reduce the apnea.

4. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Just bite the bullet and use CPAP. Takes a little getting used to but the improved quality of sleep is so worth it. Deciding to use CPAP is one of the best decisions of my life.

5. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

6. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Be careful with these mouthpieces for sleep apnea. I used one for a while and it messed up my bite.

7. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

true about the weight loss, but I have a circular problem. I don't have any energy to workout, because of the lack of decent sleep. Even two years ago, when I ran a half-marathon, I tried like crazy to run on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays, but I couldn't workout consistently, due to not having any energy. I ran at least the first ten miles without stopping, except for the water stations, ran/walked the last three miles, and to my knowledge, I never lost a pound.

This year I do have a little better situation, in that I will be eating high-protein shakes early in the morning and working out in the morning, before school.

My goal is to workout long enough to break a good sweat every day, and then finish with enough 60s to make my kidneys hurt.

I ran some 60s earlier this summer, on a Sunday morning, the sun had just come up. I ran for 60 seconds as hard as I could, then rested for 30 seconds. repeated for 22 minutes, except that I did take two water breaks.

That was the hardest cardio workout I think I've ever had. My goal was to simply do 60s for 20 minutes, and I ended up with the additional two minutes to cover the two water breaks. My right kidney was aching by the time I finished.

My heart rate was easily up the entire 22 minutes.

This reminds me of a funny story. In June, I found online a survey that I wanted to participate in. It was the survey about sleep apnea victims who couldn't/wouldn't wear a mask. I went in to get my physical and blood work done. The doctor came in, complimented my low heart rate, 46,

and with a straight look on his face said "Do you have a workout regimen?"

In fact, at that time, I had finished 8 weeks of bootcamp workouts in a row, so I told him about that and how I workout using the Frank Glieber approach.