Sooner misery on Fox Southwest now

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by puckhead, Oct 14, 2013.

1. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

I don't get the LHN on my cable, but I do get the Bob Stoops Show. I had to watch it last night.

Stoops didn't wine or make excuses. He said "Texas out played and out coached us". He was a little critical of his own team's failures; like the dropped TD pass on the first drive, the punt coverage team, etc. He holds his players more accountable than Mack does, IMHO.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I would agree with that.

4. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I would agree with that

7. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

I'm sorry. I listened to his comments. For the most part he avoids excuses, but let's call it for what it is.

Some folks on this board would be howling at the very same answers if they were coming from Mack's mouth.

He conveniently overlooked the two should've-been-TD passes that Case missed. He conveniently ignored the line surge that was driving his DLine backwards. He cited per carry averages as proof that their run game was good and ours wasn't as good as people thought.

To oversimplify it, when they needed 3 yards, they got 2; if we needed 3 yards, we got 4.

Folks on our board would be looking for Mack to admit that we were manhandled and that our team played soft. I think that's a fair assessment of what happened to OU on Saturday.

[​IMG]

8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I TIVO'd the Stoops show on FSW and watched it later. I wanted to see if he was man enough to say "Texas whipped us" - and he didn't. He talked all around it, but never acknowledged that they were whipped.

I didn't get to watch the game live (driving to Dallas to pick up Mrs. HHD at Love Field), but I had it on TIVO. Naturally I listed live on KRLD, so by the time I got to play it back on TV, I already knew the key points. In looking at it from that angle, I have concluded that the final score was misleading - the game wasn't really that close. Texas won the battle in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and did so pretty convincingly. But Stoops apparently couldn't man up and face it.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I didn't watch it, but I'm guessing Stoops didn't mention that they've won nine out of the last fourteen games against Texas.

10. Kadabra

Kadabra 100+ Posts

Well Mack will counter and say we've won 60 out of the last 108 with 5 ties......

11. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

I saw where a lot of ou fans were questioning Bell staying in the whole game.

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The backup QB is always the fan favorite when a team struggles. Had Knight shown a superior ability to stay poised under pressure and avoid picks? No, no he had not; in fact quite the opposite.

13. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

In reply to:

14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Their run game was the only thing that was working for them. They did have a couple of huge drops that may have made the game a little closer. Stoops usually gives us credit when its due and when you get manhandled like they did that's about all you can do. Coaches know when the O and D lines are getting blown away there's no way you can win. I like his smack talk to the sec because there's some truth to it.

15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

16. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... the only thing better than aggy misery is sooner misery... especially when it is on the heels of a very steeler Horn victory over those SORRY ********!

On Monday Baoklahorn tells me on the Tulsa radio station all the sooner nation was in shock & awe about the 80 MPH freight train that hit them on Sat. in the CB. They are stunned and very down on the team, coaches, etc. They are doing a lot of navel gazing and grousing on their future the rest of the season...

I f...in' love it [​IMG]

17. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Haha!
    Walking out of the fairgrounds was sweet, listening to their fans question their coach, their team...one was saying, "I didn't think we were that slow."
    Nothing like Sooner misery. Nothing like seeing the red sea part, and that half of the stadium empty while ours still full of orange. Nothing like beating OU, getting the Golden Hat back postgame, watching the players circle our half of the field high fiving the UT fans in the first row...I could go on and on.
    The streaks always end, and you just have to be there when it happens!