sorry horns

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BaylorPilot, Nov 29, 2008.

1. BaylorPilot

BaylorPilot 25+ Posts

we're getting better but just don't know how to finish a game yet. [​IMG]

2. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

Griffin is going to be a bad, bad man.

3. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

That was a good run, especially with the game in Lubbock. Griffin is going to make good things happen for your program.

4. Touchdown_Texas

Touchdown_Texas 500+ Posts

You guys gave it all you got. I would have loved to see you win regardless of the implications. I like Baylor and always will.

5. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Baylor is a bowl team if they played in the North division. RG is a scary talent, and if that o-line improves...well let's just say in 2010 and 2011 when we're breaking in a young QB and RG is salty upperclassman and NCAA hurdle champion it could get too interesting for my taste.

6. blym

blym 250+ Posts

Good try anyway and you still exposed some chinks in the Tech armor.

Next year they lose to you guys in Waco. They are usually a completely different team outside of Lubbock with a few notable exceptions, like Collie Station or Cal in the Holiday Bowl.

7. arieshorn

arieshorn 1,000+ Posts

Its all good man. You guys gave it your all. RG is gonna be a baller in the years to come.

[​IMG]

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

We appreciate the effort the Bears gave. Another couple of years, y'all are going to be scary. Griffin already is.

There's no "give up" in this bunch of bruins.

9. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Baylor is a bowl team next year.

10. 3rd Degree

3rd Degree 100+ Posts

Kudos to the Bears for showing up to play!

11. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

Great game bears. Wish the refs had got the 4th down call in the 3rd correct. Y'all would have had the ball and a 7 point lead. With that there would have been a great chance y ou would have won.

Keep beating aggy.

12. Dusty

Dusty 250+ Posts

I almost forgave you for ’74!

13. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Screw the ou situation. I was pulling for the Bears either way. I do think the off week obviously killed techs' momentum, but ya'll gave it a good try on the road. The off sides/interception killer probably was the difference. Also your lines seemed to tire as the game wore on. You would've won had it been in Waco.... Get um next year

14. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

Don't let Briles get away from ya!

15. HornChef

HornChef 25+ Posts

/asspat for the effort.

16. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

well, you certainly made the weekend more exciting.

good showing.

17. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Nothing to be sorry about. Baylor played the hell outta Tech, in Lubbock. You guys have the makings of a very good football team, and I look for you to be in a bowl game next year. Props to Briles for coaching up Baylor like crazy this year.

18. EarlOfTex

EarlOfTex 25+ Posts

With a little more depth I think Baylor wins. The starters must have been gassed middle of 3rd and 4th.

19. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

Great effort by the Bears.

[​IMG]

20. ousuxndallas

ousuxndallas 500+ Posts

Art Briles needs to know that his "get a 14 point lead and put your offense in a shell against the best offense in the Big 12" strategy doesn't cut it.

After his team expanded the lead in the 3rd quarter, he called off the horses, specifically Griffin III. Unbelievable!

21. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Great Game BU, you cant fight the refs and bad luck.

22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

You owe us no apology. This is a good Baylor team - 2 late penaties killed you guys today. Briles is a great coach & Griffin is a star that will only get brighter. The Bears gave a trememdous effort today and fell a little short. Congrats on beating aggy and the upside Baylor football has going forward.

23. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

a pesky BAYLOR team...the future looks bright!!!

thanks, for one exciting showing...of course, I couldn't look...too much at stake...

24. misirlou

misirlou 250+ Posts

Was it Tech's defense or Briles that reigned in RGIII in the 2nd half? I did not see the first half, but I caught a bit of it on the radio. I kept thinking when was Baylor going to tell RGIII to throw if it is wide open and if not, run for it.

25. crimsonlonghorn

crimsonlonghorn 100+ Posts

Talk about spitting the bit.

Baylor may have gotten all of our hopes up, but they have nothing to apologize for. Sand Aggy was crapping his pants for most of this afternoon after most people outside of Waco had been treating a Tech blowout as a forgone conclusion all week. I found the whole thing entertaining, even if it was gruelingly disappointing at the end.

Nonetheless, nice job, Baylor.