South Endzone Expansion thread

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by mop, May 11, 2014.

1. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

So we all know that 2 months ago UT announced an exploratory committee to look into the feasibility of expanding the South Endzone. Does anyone in the "know" have a timeframe for when we should hear back? I couldn't find that in the articles I have dug up.

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

All I've heard regarding a time-frame is Patterson saying the feasibility study will take "several months". He made that statement a couple of months ago, so I don't expect anything definitive for a while.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

4. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

we will hear more about the new practice facility before this. Probably won't happen for at least 5 years anyways.

5. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

i forgot i started this thread. My guess was 3-4 months for the feasibility study and it has already been over 2 months right?

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

They need to study how many games it will take to render people deaf from the Taco Bell "gong" by sitting so close to Godzillatron.

7. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

If it means getting rid of Godzillatron, I'm all for remodeling the South End Zone. There has to be a more tasteful way to show scores and earn a few advertising bucks.

8. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Be careful what you wish for, Clean. They may try to hang one above the field comparable in size to Jerrah's. That'll be the only open space left.

9. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

At least Jerry's doesn't need AdBlock Plus installed on it.

10. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I think the band's moving back to Sect. 27(?), and the card section will go back into effect in Sect. 28, and thereabouts.

Also will be giving up the big screen ads, just running panel ads, and the screen will be devoted to University promotions and affairs, and the volume will be turned down substantially. A full 1/3 of the play stoppage will have no sound at all. Just UT elements with images and text. They say the fans will be able to actually talk and cut up most of the time instead of being absorbed by a freaking idiotic blaring tv. Patterson is putting is job on the line to see that it's done.

So I've heard. ring... ring... ring... (alarm going off)

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Third Coast - lol.[​IMG]

I like the band in the SEZ because now the whole stadium can hear it.