Spartacus - Gods of the Arena

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TexasGolf, Feb 27, 2011.

1. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Any followers here?

Thoughts on season 2???

I must say, season one was most excellent.

[​IMG]

2. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

Blood and Sand was a stinker, I thought at first, but the wife and I stuck with it and by the season finale we were big fans. Alas, Andy Whitman has had to permanently, apparently, drop out of the series secondary to cancer, and a new guy will be playing Spartacus next year. He appears to be a Whitman lookalike. We have DVR'd Gods of the Arena but have only watched one and a half episodes so far. And, so far, not that impressed, though perhaps it will improve as B&S did. I will say this: We love the way they talk ("Solonius walks around with cock in ***")!

3. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

Exceptional...It explains a lot of the intracacies of Blood and Sand, as well as makes you actually root for Batiatus...well...sorta.

4. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

find myself now saying "apologies" [​IMG]

5. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

6. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

I agree it was nice to get the backstory on all of the characters, especially Batiatus who you kinda liked and saw how he was getting **** on and degraded by his Father. Of course he really turned after Selonius screwed him over on the slaves from the guy Batiatus killed. I heard that the 3rd season will be broadcast in 2012. I wonder if they will do a sequel to the prequel to get Batiatus and Lucretia back in action.

7. waazel

waazel 100+ Posts

8. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

The dialogue is one thing that bugs the **** out of me...not what they are saying, but the fact that they are saying it with Shakespearian English accents...WTF? Just because he wrote a play about Ceasar, Romans are supposed to sound British? They spoke Latin back then....either do that with subtitles, or if anything, they should have Italian accents.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"The gods have seen it fit yet again to spread cheeks and jam cock in ***"

[​IMG]

10. Rex Kramer

Rex Kramer 1,000+ Posts

I just want to see more Ilithyia. Did she die in Season 1?

I am a huge fan of this show.

11. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

12. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Ilithyia...hope we will see more of all of her [​IMG]

Asher survived too it seems